Linking IA Cycle buttons

tandrewnichols

I believe this currently does nothing. Here's my use case. I was really excited about the Gain Cycle feature of Jackson Audio devices (Broken Arrow) etc. I thought it would be nice to have a Gain+ and a Gain- button, but it appears there is no way to keep them in sync. You'd have two separate cycles unaware of each other and conflicting or overriding what the other sets. (If you can think of another way this might work, let me know.) Relatedly . . . I was hoping it would be possible to send "current cc value + 1" or "current cc value - 1" or possibly "last cc value sent + 1 and - 1" since "current" would probably require checking the value on the device and not all devices communicate both ways. I think I could work around this if at least the two buttons would stay in sync. (I might be asking for the impossible, I don't know.)

I just watched the Mastering the Mastermind video about IA Cycle buttons, so I realized that I could use Set IA to keep them in sync (I think). And I could probably do that to make it work with presets, so if a preset was at 50% gain (step 2), I could send a Set IA to tell that button to be at step 2, and that way hitting it once would bump it to the next value. But I have to do that for every preset that uses that pedal basically. Am I overthinking it? Is there a simpler way to accomplish this?

My other idea is to use a local button page and just dedicate 4 buttons to the 4 values but, I really like the idea of being able to say "a little more gain please" regardless of what value I'm currently on.

IA Link will link two cycle buttons by step number. The buttons need to have their first button actions be identical (that's what links them together), and then when one button changes steps, the other will change to the same step number.

So, that won't work for what you do. Set IA would work, but does take a bit more setup. You should only have to set it up once unless you're using a local button page on every preset.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I need to finish watching the videos before I ask more questions or propose features that already exist.

Back