Local Page

cgscotto

I watched the video on the RJM Facebook page about the Mastermind series of Midi Controllers, and your discussion of local pages brought up an issue I had that was not covered in the video. I really like the idea of local pages, and I have created some for presets. I understand that when a local pages is assigned to a preset that button page 16 is unavailable. So here is the question. If I assign a local page to a preset and I assign all the available buttons to things I want to control, how do I switch to another preset? Do I always have to reserve one button as a preset up or down to move off the local page? I have a two button switch attached to the Mastermind that controls page up/down functions. Should I just use this switch to move from the local page (button page 16) to button page 1, the preset button page? I am just looking for the most efficient way of moving from a preset with a local page to another preset. As always, thanks in advance for taking the time to answer a question.

The most efficient way to get from a preset's local page to another preset would be to have preset buttons on the local page. Preset buttons always show the presets in the current bank, regardless of which page you're on, so the presets you had access to before switching to the local page will be the same presets you will see on the local page.

The downside to that is that you're potentially using up a lot of your buttons on the local page by setting them to preset buttons. So, the other idea is the one you mentioned - set up a button on the local page that switches back to page 1, then select your next preset there. This only uses up one button on the local page, and as you suggested, you could override your page up/down buttons to do this, since they wouldn't make any sense on a page that doesn't have preset buttons anyway.

Back