1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Axe-Fx III Specific Wish List

Discussion in 'GT Wish List' started by rjmmusic, Sep 15, 2019.

1. AdrianG

AdrianG
    Expand Collapse

I can't get this to work on mine either - it is probably user error but if not then definitely a wish!

2. Alexander

Alexander
    Expand Collapse

Ah okay, didn't realize that. I was indeed using the Tap Tempo button on the GT to set the tempo on the Axe-Fx.

3. rjmmusic

rjmmusic
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Show Tempo only works when "Update on Preset Change" is turned on on your tempo button. This admittedly very non-obvious setting works like this on a tempo button:

When turned off, the Axe-Fx has control of the button's flashing. The button flashes when the Axe-Fx tells it to. The button sends a tap message to the Axe-Fx every time the button is pressed. The Axe-Fx does all the work of calculating tempo rates.

When turned on, the GT has control of the button's flashing. It calculates tempo based on the rate at which you tap the button, and (if enabled) sends MIDI clock at that rate.

Because the GT isn't in charge of determining the actual tempo in the former case, it can't display the tempo. You could turn on Calculate Tempo From Flashes - that has the GT try to calculate the tempo from the flash requests sent from the Axe-Fx. It works pretty well, but is not perfect. There is a way to read the numeric tempo directly from the Axe-Fx. I will probably need to figure out how to add support for that - it would be the most accurate option.

AdrianG likes this.
  4. Alexander

Alexander
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Ron, clear!