Loops in Loops

JES

Greetings. Longtime Mastermind owner, excited to get a PBC in the next week or so (whenever Canada Post delivers).

So...is there a way to wire it up so that I could move pedals in and out of the effects loop of another pedal? Here's what I've come up with:

Channel 1: input to pedal A with effects loop from PBC; pedal A send to PBC in
Channel 2: Pedal B
Channel 3: PBC out to Pedal A effects loop pedal return; Pedal A mix out to PBC in
Channel 4: Pedal C
Channel 5: Pedal D

So presumably, it would take an extra channel, but I could run any pedals I wanted into the loop of pedal A just by switching the order and turning things on and off. The only thing I couldn't do is run pedal A without anything in its loop, correct?

TIA!

That looks correct. You can effectively have nothing in the pedal's loop if you move loop 3 to be right after loop 1. The signal will still go through the PBC, of course, but it won't go through any effects.

Can this loop in a loop idea be done using the PBC 6X?

I have a Gamechanger Plus Pedal that has an internal loop, that allows for subsequent manipulation of the signal within that sub-loop. It’s be great to be able to rout me other loops in the 6X into the sub-loop of the Plus Pedal.

I don't see why not. It's just about wiring up the ins and out the way I described in the first post, and if you ever want to not have something in the loop, follow RJM's instructions. I think it would work with any loop switcher.

BTW my PBC 6x arrived yesterday -- even smaller than I expected and so well built and conceived. I can't wait to wire it all up!

Back