Loose jack

Declan

I appear to have a loose jack on my PBC. I brought it back to Ireland from the US this week so I'm not sure how to go about fixing it. The return of loop number one isn't sitting in fully and needs a bit of a jiggle to get it sitting in right and making connection with the jack. Any easy fix by chance?

Are you using solderless plugs, by any chance? We have seen some compatibility issues with the PBC/10 and some solderless plug brands. We've never seen an issue with name brand soldered plugs (Switchcraft, Neutrik, etc.)

Are you using solderless plugs, by any chance? We have seen some compatibility issues with the PBC/10 and some solderless plug brands. We've never seen an issue with name brand soldered plugs (Switchcraft, Neutrik, etc.)
Yes, I’m using Evidence SIS. The reason I think it’s an issue with the PBC though is because it’s only happening with this 1 jack.

There's a lot of variability - people will wire up a PBC with solderless cables and one or two connections won't work. I don't know why this is - the jacks are made by Neutrik, so they should be good, and we've been using Neutrik in products for 12 years. But, in the past year or so, this issue has popped up a few times with the particular model of jack we use in the PBC/10. Please try a different cable to see what happens.

One customer solved the problem by adding a small rubber ring to the plug's shaft, one that's just big enough to fit, and it keeps the plug from going in all the way. Just keeping the plug out an additional millimeter or so seems to be enough to get it to make contact properly. I've never tried this myself, but the customer says it works fine.

I can't really try another cable as I moved to the PBC from an ES-8 and all the cables were ran. They are many and some are quite long. Anyway, I put a strap lock on to see and that solved the issue. I just need to get a smaller washer now to fit better.

Ok glad to hear that it's working. The only other fix would be to replace the jack - we don't have any service centers near you, so it would be a bit tricky, but it could be done.

I've ordered a box of various size washers on Amazon so one is bound to fit nice and neatly. I wouldn't be bothered sending it for a replacement really. Thanks

Back