Lost everything

Andy Power

Please help someone
My Axe III didn't boot properly and I was advised to hold EDIT down and reboot...since i did
that the Tuner doesn't show on the GT16 the flashing tempo stopped and the expression pedals stopped working... in my haste i went to back up my pedal and hit the wrong button, now I have lost everything in my GT-16 also....so im going to have to learn how to program from fresh as its been over a year since i edited it...i really havent a clue.
I dont know how to program preset up/dow as there isnt anything called that (or even bank up/down in the Axe III list) nothing works

please help me someone.
TIA

Since you've wiped it all out, the best thing to do is follow the specific Axe-Fx III instructions in the manual. I've attached the chapter here.

On your Axe-Fx, go to I/O / MIDI settings, find the Send Realtime Sysex setting and turn it on. That should fix the tuner and tempo.

In the editor, edit a button and set its type to Preset -, and edit another and set its type to Preset +, that will give you that functionality back.

Attachments

• MMGT-Axe3.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Since you've wiped it all out, the best thing to do is follow the specific Axe-Fx III instructions in the manual. I've attached the chapter here.

On your Axe-Fx, go to I/O / MIDI settings, find the Send Realtime Sysex setting and turn it on. That should fix the tuner and tempo.

In the editor, edit a button and set its type to Preset -, and edit another and set its type to Preset +, that will give you that functionality back.
Thank you very much, I will get started right away

How do I page up and down my Axe III settings can’t see a preset up/down setting in the Axe III CC list (MMGT Editor)

also the group selection does not seem to be working...I put 4 buttons set to group one and they do not select anymore, once I remove the group selection they work as they should one switches the other off when selected....??
Thanks

Last edited:
How do I page up and down my Axe III settings can’t see a preset up/down setting in the Axe III CC list (MMGT Editor)

also the group selection does not seem to be working...I put 4 buttons set to group one and they do not select anymore, once I remove the group selection they work as they should one switches the other off when selected....??
Thanks

It depends - do these buttons control effect blocks on the Axe-Fx? If so, you need to also turn on Update on Preset Change for all buttons in the group so the GT is in charge of the button state instead of the Axe-Fx.

Back