LT as Midi Interface for Neunaber Neuron

Daniel Cordner

Hi everybody. I am in the process of setting up a new pedal board using the LT as the controller. Right now I am using the Neunaber Neuron for my overdrive and intend to have it controlled via midi and the LT. I was wondering though if there was a way use the LT as a midi interface for the Neuron so I can access the Neunaber editing software (Neuron Commander). Basically I would plug my mac into the LT via USB and access the Neuron over the midi connections from the LT.

I successfully did this with my Strymon Timeline (using the midi forward option), but was not able to get the Neuron to connect to the editing software. I was just curious if anybody had any success with this or if there was an update in the works to allow for this.

Midi Chain: LT -> Midi Solutions Quadra Thru -> (Timeline -> Neunaber Neuron -> Back to LT), H9, NNB (for Neunaber Slate v2), Strymon Iridium
(I tried it with this chain and with just the Neuron and LT only)

Thanks!

Daniel

I've never worked with that pedal, but if it works with any standard MIDI interface, it should work with the LT set up with MIDI Forward turned on. (As long as the pedal is connected with both MIDI cables). Is there a setting in the editor software that allows you to select the MIDI interface it uses? If so, make sure that Mastermind LT is selected as the MIDI interface.

Thanks for your reply. Yes there is a way to select the midi interface in the Neunaber editor software. I selected the LT. Neunaber states in the manual that the Neuron doesn't work with all interfaces, however, they also stated that it wouldn't work with the Roland UM-ONE, which I tried and it DID work. The UM-ONE connected fine, however, when I tried the LT, I was able to select it as the midi interface in the editor software, however, I just kept getting error messages saying that I wasn't able to connect with the pedal.

Back