macOS Big Sur: Right+Click on Button Crashes App

ataglianetti

I've been testing the betas of macOS Big Sur on a spare machine and encountered a crash with the Mastermind Editor when trying to copy a button. Otherwise, the app works great! Just wanted to give a heads up as Big Sur hasn't launched yet.

1. Launch the app.
2. Select the Buttons tab.
3. Right+Click any button.

Result: App crashes. Crash log attached.

Attachments

• Mastermind Editor Crash.txt
    75.5 KB · Views: 1
That's odd, I'm running it on the Big Sur beta and I can copy and paste buttons with no problem. Are you using the latest beta? I had been behind on releases, but updated to whatever the latest version is as of yesterday.

Phew! I wasn't looking forward to dealing with a compatibility issue.
Kind of related-are you going to have to make an ARM version after the new Macs ship? If so, does that mean we could see a version of the PBC edit app that runs on the Raspberry Pi? I've been thinking about how I could use a Pi Zero W on my pedalboard. Maybe a wireless midi interface, or idk. Haha

Kind of related-are you going to have to make an ARM version after the new Macs ship? If so, does that mean we could see a version of the PBC edit app that runs on the Raspberry Pi? I've been thinking about how I could use a Pi Zero W on my pedalboard. Maybe a wireless midi interface, or idk. Haha

I probably won't rush into that - the ARM Macs are supposed to be able to run Intel binaries. If/when the tools allow for fat binary support (both Intel and Mac in the same app), then I would start thinking about it. I don't want to lose compatibility with older Macs and older OS versions - at least not until there's a really good reason to.

Hi,
Any recommendations regarding upgrading to macOS Big Sur, is it safe to update and use the latest Mastermind editor?
Or should we wait for now, and expect a new built for the editor later on?
Thanks a lot :)

I've tested it here with the beta version of Big Sur, and it works fine for me. The original poster had problems, but updating to a later beta fixed it.

I have not tried the release version of Big Sur yet, but will try to download it today.

Thanks a lot for the info, appreciate it.
I'm in no rush to upgrade yet, but making my complete list of green and red light next to my plugins and important apps I use.
Until these are all green, no upgrade planned.
But it's good to know that the Mastermind is already good with Big Sur.
Regards,

Back