Make Mastermind discoverable as a MIDI device

tandrewnichols

I know very little about MIDI devices, so maybe this is impossible, but I'm trying to use a preset editor for my Meris pedals, and it can't detect that my pedals are connected when they're connected through the Mastermind (but can when connected through my Scarlett). Is there a way to register the device with the system such that it will show up in the list of MIDI devices in apps that look for them? Thanks!

If you turn on MIDI Forwarding, and have the correct cable set up, then it should work. I have not used it with Meris pedals, but have done it with Strymon. You'll need to connect to both the PBC's MIDI input and output, like you presumably did with the Scarlett.

Yeah, I have both the ins and outs connected and it does work with my Timeline. One difference is the Timeline is directly in the chain, whereas the Meris pedals use a MIDI box and quarter inch out. Maybe I need to set the Meris pedals to MIDI thru instead of MIDI out? (Although the app itself recommends MIDI out)

Yeah, I have both the ins and outs connected and it does work with my Timeline. One difference is the Timeline is directly in the chain, whereas the Meris pedals use a MIDI box and quarter inch out. Maybe I need to set the Meris pedals to MIDI thru instead of MIDI out? (Although the app itself recommends MIDI out)
MIDI Thru would likely make matters worse. I'm not sure why it's not working if the Timeline did. Unfortunately, I've never had a Meris pedal here to work with. Are you using Meris' MIDI box?

Disaster Area. Actually, this turned out to also be because of the extender I was using. Once I plugged in directly, it detected them. Thanks for the help!

Back