Marshall DSL401 .. Midi Switcher Killer !! Please confirm...

FracStrat

While I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box.. I do know that my new Boss ES-8 Looper does NOT want to be looking at +25.9vdc, +23.6vdc, and +20.4vdc injected directly into it's CTL OUT jacks.
It just so happens , Those are the exact +vdc readings at the Footswitch Jacks on my Marshall DSL401
I'm searching for a proven solution to add Midi control to this beloved EL84 based combo amp..
So far, my research has brought me to the RJM Switch Gizmo..
The +dcv thing is used on many amps including the infamous "any guitar cord" Fender Footswitch designs
I get how the Voltage is Reduced/Inverted by simple resistors and diodes to show the IC in the amp a key to do it's switching
The problem is that pesky +VDC !!
Horror Stories abound about pedal switchers that are designed to be Mom/Latch/Pulse being sent to the Chair by this method of switching on Various amps..
Experience with this .... Anyone ??<<<<<< The previous was posted verbatim on the gear page today by myself..
Oh gurus of switching .. Can the Switch Gizmo handle this abuse ???

The relays in the Switch Gizmo are completely isolated, and they are rated for 60 volts DC, 1 amp. I know exactly what you mean about the high DC voltage - the relays we used in the early Mini Amp Gizmos were not up to the task and would be killed by some amps, including the DSL. To date, I've never had to replace a Switch Gizmo relay!

The relays in the Switch Gizmo are completely isolated, and they are rated for 60 volts DC, 1 amp. I know exactly what you mean about the high DC voltage - the relays we used in the early Mini Amp Gizmos were not up to the task and would be killed by some amps, including the DSL. To date, I've never had to replace a Switch Gizmo relay!
Brilliant!!! Thank you for promt answer ... Ordering ASAP !!!!

Back