MASTERMIND GT 4.1.0 FIRMWARE/EDITOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
No issues here.

If it halts every time at the same preset, that preset might be corrupt.
Or try other MIDI cables.

No issues here.

If it halts every time at the same preset, that preset might be corrupt.
Or try other MIDI cables.

As mentioned in the OP, I did try other cables with the same result. Is there an easy way to see which preset it is choking on?

And what do you mean by corrupt? The presets all work just fine, and even switch properly if I manually set up buttons.

As mentioned in the OP, I did try other cables with the same result. Is there an easy way to see which preset it is choking on?

And what do you mean by corrupt? The presets all work just fine, and even switch properly if I manually set up buttons.

Just look at the III’s display to see at which preset the process halted.

Occasionally a preset can get corrupt, where it freezes the unit or something like that. That’s not always reproducable. It can happen when quickly scrolling. Not saying that this is the case here.

BUG
  • Looper Stop and Looper Speed are not available as assignable functions on the GT yet.
  • Undo should probably be renamed into: Erase. And also act as a momentary switch instead of latching.
  • When pressing the Record button on the GT, the button is shortly lit but goes "off" while Play stays "on". Which is confusing when recording. On the III itself Record and Play are lit while recording.
If the "Record 2nd Press" action is changed from Overdub to Play or Stop on the III, the Looper Record button isn't working as expected, but this is something that the GT can't solve.

Ok I had some time to look into this:

- I was missing the looper half speed function, it will be added in the next release
- There is no provision for a Looper Stop button in the Axe-Fx III. You can only stop by pressing Play again, or Record if "Record 2nd Press" is set to Stop.
- Re: Undo - It does undo the last overdub (only), and pressing it again brings it back, so it seems like an appropriate name to me.
- There are definitely some issues on the Fractal side regarding MIDI looper control. 1.15 is not reporting the correct state back to the controller. I've reported this to Cliff.

Can you press Done to exit? Does it happen every time you try?

Every time. If the AxeFX is supposed to be indicating the presets being tapped, it is happening on preset 000. Which works fine. But that also just happens to be the preset that I was on, too.

I can’t press done because it isn’t available. I have to press “stop,” the only available menu option.

I’m hijacking the thread at this point. Ron, if you want I can open a support ticket to take this offline. It seems like I’m the lone problem here.

Every time. If the AxeFX is supposed to be indicating the presets being tapped, it is happening on preset 000. Which works fine. But that also just happens to be the preset that I was on, too.

I can’t press done because it isn’t available. I have to press “stop,” the only available menu option.

I’m hijacking the thread at this point. Ron, if you want I can open a support ticket to take this offline. It seems like I’m the lone problem here.

Are you running firmware 1.15 (not the beta)? The symptoms are what I'd expect if you were running 1.15 beta 2.

Ok I had some time to look into this:

- I was missing the looper half speed function, it will be added in the next release
- There is no provision for a Looper Stop button in the Axe-Fx III. You can only stop by pressing Play again, or Record if "Record 2nd Press" is set to Stop.
- Re: Undo - It does undo the last overdub (only), and pressing it again brings it back, so it seems like an appropriate name to me.
- There are definitely some issues on the Fractal side regarding MIDI looper control. 1.15 is not reporting the correct state back to the controller. I've reported this to Cliff.

Thanks Ron,

I asked about Looper Stop because it can be assigned a CC in MIDI/Remote > Looper.

Start up Get Preset Names while watching the Axe-Fx display. Does it change presets at all? Normally, it should go to Start Preset + 1, then go down to Start Preset, then start the process of going through each preset one at a time. It does that to get around the "Ignore Redundant PCs" setting on the Axe-Fx.

I’ll try that when I get home tonight, Ron.

@Alexander, I believe I have tried both channel 1 and 3, 3 being the midi channel I’d prefer to use for this device. I don’t think it made a difference. I’d set both units up for the same channel in either case.

Start up Get Preset Names while watching the Axe-Fx display. Does it change presets at all? Normally, it should go to Start Preset + 1, then go down to Start Preset, then start the process of going through each preset one at a time. It does that to get around the "Ignore Redundant PCs" setting on the Axe-Fx.
OK, if I change to preset 003, looking at the "Home" tab, it does change to preset 000 when I hit start. And there it sits. Naturally, preset 000 is my main preset right now. It works fine, from everything I can tell. Reacts to block bypass/engage commands, to continuous pedal commands, etc. What gets corrupted? And more importantly, how do I salvage this preset if it is corrupted without starting from scratch?

EDIT: if I only have it retrieve 000, it seems to work. If I have it retrieve 000 and 001, it chokes. Indicating, I gather, that 001 is corrupt somehow.

BUT...the only scene button for 000 that is populated is Scene 1. All other scene buttons are completely blank and totally dark. Opening up the editor, and going to the Scenes tab on the Presets page, it looks like it has populated Scene 1 for Preset 0, Scene 2 for Preset 1, and so forth for the first few presets. And it's begun to name presets after Scene names in preset 000. That isn't expected behavior, is it?

Last edited:
OK, if I change to preset 003, looking at the "Home" tab, it does change to preset 000 when I hit start. And there it sits. Naturally, preset 000 is my main preset right now. It works fine, from everything I can tell. Reacts to block bypass/engage commands, to continuous pedal commands, etc. What gets corrupted? And more importantly, how do I salvage this preset if it is corrupted without starting from scratch?

EDIT: if I only have it retrieve 000, it seems to work. If I have it retrieve 000 and 001, it chokes. Indicating, I gather, that 001 is corrupt somehow.

BUT...the only scene button for 000 that is populated is Scene 1. All other scene buttons are completely blank and totally dark. Opening up the editor, and going to the Scenes tab on the Presets page, it looks like it has populated Scene 1 for Preset 0, Scene 2 for Preset 1, and so forth for the first few presets. And it's begun to name presets after Scene names in preset 000. That isn't expected behavior, is it?

It's expected behavior if you're using the Create Songs option. Each preset is associated with one scene in that mode. Are you using Create Songs at the moment (I assume you have in the past) and are you in song/setlist mode when doing Get Preset Names?

I have never ventured into this territory before. I am trying to poke at it because it still isn't clear to me how that whole paradigm works..where a preset isn't a preset, etc. Glad that is expected behavior.

It seems that there is a preset (001?) that is likely corrupted somehow?

I have never ventured into this territory before. I am trying to poke at it because it still isn't clear to me how that whole paradigm works..where a preset isn't a preset, etc. Glad that is expected behavior.

It seems that there is a preset (001?) that is likely corrupted somehow?

Not sure - try downloading a different range of presets, avoiding preset 1 and see if you get any better results.

Not sure - try downloading a different range of presets, avoiding preset 1 and see if you get any better results.

Nope, something is not working right. It freezes at that same screen no matter what preset or range of presets (factory or my own) I choose. Is a full system reset required every time before you start this process? And is MIDI channel 1 really required, or does it just have to be the same channel for both GT and AxeFX?

Nope, something is not working right. It freezes at that same screen no matter what preset or range of presets (factory or my own) I choose. Is a full system reset required every time before you start this process? And is MIDI channel 1 really required, or does it just have to be the same channel for both GT and AxeFX?

Can you send me your current settings? I'd like to see if I can reproduce the problem. Channel 1 isn't required, I just put that in the instructions because that's what the GT defaults to.

Can you send me your current settings? I'd like to see if I can reproduce the problem. Channel 1 isn't required, I just put that in the instructions because that's what the GT defaults to.

Settings for what? The AxeFX or the GT? And do you want the settings from before or after I do this procedure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back