MASTERMIND GT 4.1.0 FIRMWARE/EDITOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I updated the GT22 tonight to 4.1 and the Axe-Fx III to 1.15 All went well without issue with default settings. Everything functioned as expected. (great job Ron!!!) Now I am in the process of customizing my IA button layout and have run into some trouble. Page 1 configures fine with whatever button config I choose however when I try and assign IA buttons on Page 2 the process works fine and completes in the editor but when the transfer completes to the hardware all changes revert back to the way Page 2 was before the edit. I've not come across this problem before and wonder if I missed something in the setup with the new FW. I had been on 3.XX prior to today. Axe-Fx III is the only device being controlled by the GT22.

Re did the set up, factory reset etc. Working fine now.

Little minor bug.. if you step on tuner IA, tune, and come back it clears off the scene name from the top menu on the RJM.

I can’t change the color of the display when cycle mode is selected. I select red and it stay in blue. Someone else noticed it?

I can’t change the color of the display when cycle mode is selected. I select red and it stay in blue. Someone else noticed it?

Is this for a normal button, or a hold function on a hold button? A hold function's colors are only used when "Cycle Menu" is enabled.

It’s a hold button, with cycle mode on the hold section. I choose red and green for the first section, none for the hold section and it stays blue. Never noticed that in precedent firmware. Thanks.

It’s a hold button, with cycle mode on the hold section. I choose red and green for the first section, none for the hold section and it stays blue. Never noticed that in precedent firmware. Thanks.
Are you programming on the GT or on a computer ?

Please send me your settings file, and I'll investigate.

Hi Ron, here are my settings, I reloaded the settings from the GT and it seems to be fine now. But can you also look at my first page, it's a preset page, but on the switch 7 I see comp and previous, that I normally should only see in IA mode (show only in IA mode is checked), if I step on it, the supposed preset is activated and not the comp that is visible on the LCD! If I bank up and down, than the display is correct. Sometimes the LCD of Sw 7 supposed to show a preset name, but shows IA mode is lit, and sometimes not lit.

Attachments

• 4.rjs
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
I've had gigs I couldn't experiment with gear during, so was a little reluctant to update during those. It looks like we're at a fairly stable spot and I can dive in to give it a shot. As long as I save my current MMGT/22 settings, I can always revert back, right? Wanted to make sure nothing added in the new firmware would stop you going back to a former setup, just in case. The show must go on, and all that...

I've had gigs I couldn't experiment with gear during, so was a little reluctant to update during those. It looks like we're at a fairly stable spot and I can dive in to give it a shot. As long as I save my current MMGT/22 settings, I can always revert back, right? Wanted to make sure nothing added in the new firmware would stop you going back to a former setup, just in case. The show must go on, and all that...

Yes, as long as you keep a backup of settings from the previous version, you can always go back to it. The GT will factory reset if/when you move back in firmware, but then you can reload the settings to recover.

Thanks Ron. I went ahead and ordered the 2 input power box as well to get that end shored up. Thank you for your work on the behalf of the Fractal users, it is very much appreciated!

Hi Ron, here are my settings, I reloaded the settings from the GT and it seems to be fine now. But can you also look at my first page, it's a preset page, but on the switch 7 I see comp and previous, that I normally should only see in IA mode (show only in IA mode is checked), if I step on it, the supposed preset is activated and not the comp that is visible on the LCD! If I bank up and down, than the display is correct. Sometimes the LCD of Sw 7 supposed to show a preset name, but shows IA mode is lit, and sometimes not lit.

This is a bug, will be fixed in 4.2.

Thanks Ron, maybe I can help with what I discovered: the hold function of the problematic button is set to Previous, momentary checked. If I uncheck momentary the problem disapear, but the Previous function works awkwardly. I can get to the previous preset when I hold it, but a second hold do nothing, and a third hold go to the expected Previous preset. Maybe another bug.

4.2 beta 1 firmware now available for the brave ones among you. See other thread in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back