MASTERMIND GT 4.1.0 FIRMWARE/EDITOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the final 4.1.0 release for the Mastermind GT. Many thanks to all the beta testers!

FEATURES
  • Axe-Fx III support!!! Support for presets, scenes, effect channels, tap tempo and tuner, using bidirectional communication. Requires Axe-Fx III firmware 1.15 or higher.
  • Added more options to Get Preset Names to allow reading of both preset and scene names from the Axe-Fx III
  • Added Show Scene Names option - displays current scene in the lower row of the main display
  • Added Scene Menu button type
  • Added Get Preset Names button type
  • New button options for hold functions: "IA Mode Only" makes the hold function only work when IA mode is active. It will also only be displayed when IA Mode is active. "Show Name" allows to you turn on or off the display of the hold function's name in the button display.
  • Support for volume pedals (log taper correction)
  • Added support for Ramble FX Kismet pedal
  • Added Strymon Riverside and Sunset support
  • Editor now has "Show Tool Tips" option so you can turn them off when they start annoying you
FIXES
  • Fixed CC definitions for Empress Echosystem
  • Fixed external switches to allow them to be preset buttons
  • Fixed a number of bugs with Copy Buttons and Swap Buttons on hardware
  • Fixed editing of Hold mSec on GT
  • Added missing IA Cycle Menu option in GT menu
  • Brought back missing Sysex action type in editor
TO UPDATE FIRMWARE:

PLEASE DON'T DO A MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE RIGHT BEFORE YOUR BIG GIG!

- First, back up your settings to a flash drive or computer! If you go back to 4.0 or earlier, your GT will factory reset.
- Download and unzip the firmware file.
- Copy the file to a USB flash drive, and remove any other .rjf files from the flash drive.
- Eject the drive from your computer.
- Power on the Mastermind GT while holding the 1 and 3 buttons.
- Keep holding until you see "Mastermind GT Bootloader" appear on the screen.
- Now plug the flash drive into your GT. The update should begin and will take a few minutes to complete.

Firmware: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGT410.zip

Mac Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGTEditor-4.1.0.dmg
PC Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGTEditor-4.1.0.zip

Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/Mastermind GT Manual-4.1.pdf

Editor Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/wiki

Here's a video I did for the 2nd beta test, this still applies to the final release:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jop
I keep recommending RJM products to people I talk to. It really is basically half my rig or even more. The continuous improvements, and the built-in bandwidth that is allowing the advances is really astounding. I've seen some of the newer foot controllers coming on the market, and I'll be confidently sticking with the GT as the best out there. Thank you sincerely, Ron!

BUG: The problem where I mentioned it was not going to the correct scene that was saved on the preset change, well it now does that, but when you select another scene, it stays on that scene no matter what you pick next. I'm on the GT16, latest everything, full factory reset, all the normal stuff.

Attachments

• 4.1.0-initial.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
BUG: The problem where I mentioned it was not going to the correct scene that was saved on the preset change, well it now does that, but when you select another scene, it stays on that scene no matter what you pick next. I'm on the GT16, latest everything, full factory reset, all the normal stuff.

Set Group to None on your scene buttons and it should start working properly

Ok trying that now... so no need to group them now?

Works when they are ungrouped.. thanks for the tip.

BUG
  • Looper Stop and Looper Speed are not available as assignable functions on the GT yet.
  • Undo should probably be renamed into: Erase. And also act as a momentary switch instead of latching.
  • When pressing the Record button on the GT, the button is shortly lit but goes "off" while Play stays "on". Which is confusing when recording. On the III itself Record and Play are lit while recording.
If the "Record 2nd Press" action is changed from Overdub to Play or Stop on the III, the Looper Record button isn't working as expected, but this is something that the GT can't solve.

Thanks Ron! I've been working with the Axe with 1.14 and the GT 4.1.b2 for about a week now and it works great, except I cannot get the Mission Engineering Expression Pedal functioning. Have done that a million times with an FCB1010 and an Axe2 but here it seems to be a bit more complicated.
Don't know how or what to do further. Where can I find instructions that specifically relate to this combination?
Looked at your YT video, but I can't translate what I see there to the things I see on the GT now with 4.1.b2, sorry o_O.

I won't have time to upgrade util next weekend. So hopefully it's ok to ask one more question on this combination of SW?

Thanks Ron! I've been working with the Axe with 1.14 and the GT 4.1.b2 for about a week now and it works great, except I cannot get the Mission Engineering Expression Pedal functioning. Have done that a million times with an FCB1010 and an Axe2 but here it seems to be a bit more complicated.
Don't know how or what to do further. Where can I find instructions that specifically relate to this combination?
Looked at your YT video, but I can't translate what I see there to the things I see on the GT now with 4.1.b2, sorry o_O.

On the III:
- assign an External Controller to the effect parameter you want to control in the preset. Let's say: Ext Ctrl 1.
- In MIDI/Remote > External: select CC 11 for External Controller 1.

Connect pedal to Pedal input 1 on the GT.

On the GT, in Setup > Exp Pedals:
- make sure that Pedal 1 is controlling External 1 (through CC 11).
- make sure that Pedal 1 is calibrated.

Last edited:
BUG
  • Looper Stop and Looper Speed are not available as assignable functions on the GT yet.
  • Undo should probably be renamed into: Erase. And also act as a momentary switch instead of latching.
  • When pressing the Record button on the GT, the button is shortly lit but goes "off" while Play stays "on". Which is confusing when recording. On the III itself Record and Play are lit while recording.
If the "Record 2nd Press" action is changed from Overdub to Play or Stop on the III, the Looper Record button isn't working as expected, but this is something that the GT can't solve.

Sorry, forgot to look for looper changes in 1.15, will get to it when I can. The looper has changed every time there has been a firmware release :(

On the III:
- assign an External Controller to the effect parameter you want to control in the preset. Let's say: Ext Ctrl 1.
- In MIDI/Remote > External: select CC 11 for External Controller 1.

Connect pedal to Pedal input 1 on the GT.

On the GT, in Setup > Exp Pedals:
- make sure that Pedal 1 is controlling External 1 (through CC 11).
- make sure that Pedal 1 is calibrated.
Thx Alexander! With these steps I managed to get it working. I was under the impression that everything in the Axe3 is controlled using Realtime Sysex but apparently that's not the case for the modifiers. And I forgot that on the Axe3 all CC numberd have to be assigned by yourself, no factory presets. Hint for those who have the same problem: use the learning function in the MIDI/Remote menu of the Axe to find out on which CC# the GT is transmitting, very practical. Mine was on 12. Changed on the GT to CC#11 and everything worked fine. Once you know this it's very simple to set up. Great!

So I did a full factory reset, and tried following the video above. When I get to the "Get preset names" step, the progress bar stops at the first segment and sticks there. I've tried using two MIDI cables, and a 7-pin through the phantom power box. Same thing in each.

EDIT: and yet, although I finally hit "Stop" after 5 minutes or so, it seems to have done a partial job: the preset names are showing up, but Scene 1 is named the same as the preset. Other scene names have pulled from the AFX3 Scene names.

I was under the impression that everything in the Axe3 is controlled using Realtime Sysex but apparently that's not the case for the modifiers. And I forgot that on the Axe3 all CC numberd have to be assigned by yourself, no factory presets. Hint for those who have the same problem: use the learning function in the MIDI/Remote menu of the Axe to find out on which CC# the GT is transmitting, very practical. Mine was on 12. Changed on the GT to CC#11 and everything worked fine.

Only the external controllers have to be assigned a CC on the III.

It's explained here:
http://www.rjmmusic.com/forum/index.php?threads/axe-fx-iii-support-behind-the-scenes.3216

So I did a full factory reset, and tried following the video above. When I get to the "Get preset names" step, the progress bar stops at the first segment and sticks there. I've tried using two MIDI cables, and a 7-pin through the phantom power box. Same thing in each.

EDIT: and yet, although I finally hit "Stop" after 5 minutes or so, it seems to have done a partial job: the preset names are showing up, but Scene 1 is named the same as the preset. Other scene names have pulled from the AFX3 Scene names.

Nobody else ran into this?

This is literally 12 minutes after starting the process for 11 presets, with 5 scenes/song.

Attachments

• IMG_0827.jpg
    IMG_0827.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back