MASTERMIND GT 4.6.3 FIRMWARE / 4.6.1 EDITOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, that fixed it and all works as expected now. Yes, it seems that in 4.5.x and earlier it wasn't necessary for that to be checked always.

I think I was confused about the purpose of "update on preset change", as in when I change preset, will that button's current state get updated in the stored preset? Or perhaps the inverse action: when checked, update the IA across presets to match.

A little ambiguous of a label, maybe. But likely more of a case of me not RTFM closely enough. Cheers.

It's been a tricky setting to name, the name has changed several times over the years, and it's still not 100% correct, I feel.

The actual meaning in this context is "when a preset is loaded, update this button's state with whatever state is stored in the preset".

I'm having trouble downloading the editor for GT22, any ideas?
Are you using Chrome? There have been some problems reported that I have not been able to figure out yet. Try another browser and you should be ok.

EDIT: I figured out the issue, Chrome should be ok now.

Last edited:
I’m experiencing some intermittent strangeness when using a set list in combination with Axe-Fx III. Everything works as expected for a while but then when I hit an IA button that selects scenes it jumps to a preset not even contained in my set list. I thought I might’ve made a programming error but checked and it’s all the correct IA’s. I got about 6 songs into a set before this happened the first time and it happened again after 2 so it’s not the same song causing the issue. I tried to recreate the problem but no luck. Any thoughts on why this is happening occasionally?

I'm not sure. Does the GT preset it jumps to have the same Axe-Fx preset and scene number as the preset you were previously on?

I'm not sure. Does the GT preset it jumps to have the same Axe-Fx preset and scene number as the preset you were previously on?
No it jumped to a seemingly random preset in the Axe and the GT displayed the correct preset number and song name but the IA’s I use for scene names changed to display “scene 1, scene 2”, etc. instead of my custom names.

Thanks, guys, lemme know if you find anything weird in there. This release went to the PBC first, and they found a few bugs that got fixed before the GT release went out. Hopefully we found all of them (but, it seldom is the case...)

I think grouped cycle buttons is the best "power" feature in this release, it almost makes up for the 4 cycle step limitation. Almost. I tried to bump the cycle steps up, but I'm really straining at the limits of the available memory. I have to do some serious housekeeping to free up enough memory to get it to 8 steps. It's funny to worry about a few K of memory here and there in 2021, but that's embedded systems for you. Good thing I grew up when system RAM was measured in Kbytes. Lots of practice squeezing things into small spaces. :)

Alexander: I forgot to mention above that editing external switches on the GT should save properly now!
I’ve got a weird one for you.
I’ve updated the firmware to the latest version and now the two buttons under the main screen don’t work. I can’t enter setup or reload the old firmware.

I’ve got a weird one for you.
I’ve updated the firmware to the latest version and now the two buttons under the main screen don’t work. I can’t enter setup or reload the old firmware.
My guess is you have a very old GT and/or a mix of two different switch types in the GT (we've had two different switches over the years). This can confuse the GT firmware, causing it to not process key presses properly. Have you ever changed out any switches on the GT?

Try this: power up the GT while holding the right side small button under the main screen. Keep holding it until all of the displays light up. Hopefully that helps.

Holding down the switch on power up hasn’t made any difference.
The switches are original, but the unit is one of the early ones. I think it was one of the first to be shipped to the UK, you were beta testing the editor software when I got it.

Hi Ron,
When I save to a usb thumb drive it hangs when it completes, so I'm not exactly sure if it saves properly or not!? It did it on 4.6.2, (I tried saving before upgrading firmware), and still does it on now 4.6.3. I end up having to pull the power to get off the saving screen...
Cheers
Paul

Hi Ron,
When I save to a usb thumb drive it hangs when it completes, so I'm not exactly sure if it saves properly or not!? It did it on 4.6.2, (I tried saving before upgrading firmware), and still does it on now 4.6.3. I end up having to pull the power to get off the saving screen...
Cheers
Paul
I can't say for sure whether it saved completely or not. I wouldn't trust it. Have you tried multiple flash drives?

Hi Ron,
Cheers
Paul
I had the same occur last night while backing up (saving) my GT22 and also while loading a previously saved file. I wasn’t sure if this was or wasn’t normal behavior until reading your post. Lots of details to learn for this newb.
Cheers
Lee

It definitely shouldn't hang like that. I'll have to look into it to see what's going on in there. For what it's worth, it appears the Mastermind is saving the file correctly. I just powered down the GT once it hung, unplugged the flash drive and stuck it in a computer to load into the editor, and everything in the file looks to be present and uncorrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back