MASTERMIND GT 4.6.3 FIRMWARE / 4.6.1 EDITOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first thing I can think of is selecting presets on a pedal. With one cycle button, you could select 3 presets on one device, using 3 cycle steps for different presets and one step for "Off". You could add a second cycle button that accesses more presets, but it wouldn't keep the buttons in sync - if you selected a preset on one button (let's say preset 2), then select a preset on the other button (preset 5), the first button would still say preset 2, which would be misleading.

With grouped IA cycle buttons, pressing one cycle button would reset any other buttons in the group back to step 1, so the names of the buttons would better match the actual state of the pedal.

This same thing could apply to other things where you might need more than 3 choices - a groupe of cycle buttons would allow you to access more than 3 tap divisions, volume levels, etc.

IA Link is simpler, it's useful when you have two or more buttons on different pages that control the same thing. Pressing one will update the other(s) to match. This has always worked with regular IAs, but now it also works for IA Cycle.

The first thing I can think of is selecting presets on a pedal. With one cycle button, you could select 3 presets on one device, using 3 cycle steps for different presets and one step for "Off". You could add a second cycle button that accesses more presets, but it wouldn't keep the buttons in sync - if you selected a preset on one button (let's say preset 2), then select a preset on the other button (preset 5), the first button would still say preset 2, which would be misleading.

With grouped IA cycle buttons, pressing one cycle button would reset any other buttons in the group back to step 1, so the names of the buttons would better match the actual state of the pedal.

This same thing could apply to other things where you might need more than 3 choices - a groupe of cycle buttons would allow you to access more than 3 tap divisions, volume levels, etc.

IA Link is simpler, it's useful when you have two or more buttons on different pages that control the same thing. Pressing one will update the other(s) to match. This has always worked with regular IAs, but now it also works for IA Cycle.
This would be a great Mastering the Mastermind video. Those videos are so helpful. I really appreciate everything you do for us customers!

I may have found a bug. When using my Axe-Fx II XL+, Drive 2 and Tremolo 1 show as enabled on every preset even if they don't exist in the preset.

I did a factory reset on my MMGT22, selected the Fractal Audio Axe-Fx II XL+, assigned the Default IA's to the buttons, enabled sync names and enabled Bold Font.

I haven't tested all the IA's, so there may be more that aren't syncing correctly. I've attached my programming.

UPDATE:
I re-installed firmware 4.5.1 and everything works correctly. Re-installed firmware 4.6.0 and same issues.

Attachments

• Axe-Fx II XL+ MMGT22 v4_6_0.rjs
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Possible bug with Axe-Fx III:

"Update Preset Name" doesn't update the scene names anymore.

Never mind .... If the option "Get Scenes" In "Get Preset Names" is switched off, it also affects "Update Preset Name". Didn't know that.

Last edited:
Great stuff with this one.

With the bank up or down via Midi CC, is it possible to have it mimic pressing bank up/down buttons on the GT rather than selecting the first preset in the next bank? Is there a box somewhere I can tick to change the behaviour?

Great stuff with this one.

With the bank up or down via Midi CC, is it possible to have it mimic pressing bank up/down buttons on the GT rather than selecting the first preset in the next bank? Is there a box somewhere I can tick to change the behaviour?
Unfortunately not, I didn't account for that...

Unfortunately not, I didn't account for that...
Hmm, ok. If that's an achievable option I'd love it to appear in 4.6.1, but if not I'll try and organise a work around. I'm guessing at the moment it's telling the mastermind to simply add or subtract 1 to the current bank number (working a bit like selecting a bank/song via midi bank messages), rather than however the internal bank up/down mechanism operates

• Added CCs for remote bank up and bank down functions
  • Pace and Bank up/down CC numbers can be edited on the GT (not in the editor at the moment, but the editor will preserve those settings).
Can you tell me more about these two new Firmware features. (sorry for the question but I don't have a GT16 / 22 "yet")
Thank you in advance for your reply

Can you tell me more about these two new Firmware features. (sorry for the question but I don't have a GT16 / 22 "yet")
Thank you in advance for your reply
You can send CC#117 to the GT to move down one bank of presets, and send CC#118 to move up one bank. You can edit these CC numbers using the setup menu on the GT.

Been away from the forum a bit... fun to get back and find new firmware. Thanks, Ron! Need to bring my MMGT in from the trailer and give it a go!

Hi Ron --

I'm just seeing this. Sending a BIG thanks for implementing the requested "wait" function. Much appreciated!

cheers - Joel

I'm having some similar issues as GotMetalBoy mentioned above. I'm having IA button states persist across presets, even though the IA's themselves are not linked or related in any way, aside from their position on the local page. The editor shows everything correctly, but when switching between presets on my GT10, the on/off states of independent IA buttons across presets are inexplicably correlated.

In the attached file, changing between preset 25-to-26, from 26-to-27 and back to 26, the IA states are not behaving as expected. This worked as expected in all previous firmware versions.

As always, thank you for your work and the great additions to this new firmware.

Attachments

• AndreGriffin-4.6.1.rjs
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
I'm having some similar issues as GotMetalBoy mentioned above. I'm having IA button states persist across presets, even though the IA's themselves are not linked or related in any way, aside from their position on the local page. The editor shows everything correctly, but when switching between presets on my GT10, the on/off states of independent IA buttons across presets are inexplicably correlated.

In the attached file, changing between preset 25-to-26, from 26-to-27 and back to 26, the IA states are not behaving as expected. This worked as expected in all previous firmware versions.

As always, thank you for your work and the great additions to this new firmware.

After a quick look at your settings, I see that the IA buttons on your local pages do not have Update on Preset Change turned on. This means that the buttons are not affected by preset changes. If you turn that setting on, it should fix it. You can set each IA button to load up in the on or off state for each preset and it'll change states when you change presets.

It may well be that earlier versions didn't work that way, but I would consider that a bug because it was not following the Update on Preset Change setting correctly.

After a quick look at your settings, I see that the IA buttons on your local pages do not have Update on Preset Change turned on. This means that the buttons are not affected by preset changes. If you turn that setting on, it should fix it. You can set each IA button to load up in the on or off state for each preset and it'll change states when you change presets.

It may well be that earlier versions didn't work that way, but I would consider that a bug because it was not following the Update on Preset Change setting correctly.
Yep, that fixed it and all works as expected now. Yes, it seems that in 4.5.x and earlier it wasn't necessary for that to be checked always.

I think I was confused about the purpose of "update on preset change", as in when I change preset, will that button's current state get updated in the stored preset? Or perhaps the inverse action: when checked, update the IA across presets to match.

A little ambiguous of a label, maybe. But likely more of a case of me not RTFM closely enough. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back