MASTERMIND GT FIRMWARE 3.0

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
Mastermind GT firmware version 3.0 is now available! Updates include:

- Expansion to 768 presets
- Page up and down buttons now can have limits set on them so they only scroll through a subset of active pages
- Device PC - and PC + buttons allow you to scroll through presets on a specific device without affecting other devices
- "Start on last preset" setting makes the GT start up on the last preset that was selected before it powered down
- Display brightness and contrast are no longer part of each GT's settings file, so transferring settings between GTs doesn't screw up your contrast settings
- "CC Link" on IA buttons allows for control of IAs from incoming CC messages (from a computer or other MIDI controller)
- Song-level tempos. You can set a tempo for each song now. Preset tempos override song tempos, so be sure to set your preset tempos to 0 if you want the song tempo to operate correctly.
- Page names. You can now name each global and local button page. This name will show up when switching pages and in the page menu. There's also a setting in Display Settings that turns on the page name display in the top line of the main display.
- Reverse Menu settings. Turning this on (in Display Settings) flips the Page, Preset, Song and Setlist menus so that they start at the bottom row of the GT instead of the top.
- The vertical bar character '|' can be used in button names to add extra text to the button that is only displayed when editing the button. Anything after the bar will not be displayed in the button in normal use
- Added Cancel button to page, preset, song and setlist menus
- Added support for Mastermind PBC and Atomic Ampliifire
- Fixed support for Axe-Fx Standard and Ultra
- Updated support for Infinity Looper 2.0 firmware
- Updated support for Eventide H9 and Timeline
- Fixed a lot of bugs

Update Instructions:

1). BACK UP YOUR SETTINGS!!! If you have to go back to 2.x or 3.0b1, your GT will factory reset.

2). Download and unzip the firmware file below, then copy it to a USB flash drive. Be sure to select the "Eject" option on your PC to make sure that the drive is in the right state before pulling it from your computer.

3). Power up the GT while holding the two black buttons under the screen. Wait until the "Mastermind GT Bootloader" screen shows up, then plug in the flash drive. It should run the update at that point, which takes less than a minute.

Note: the first time the GT boots up after the update, it will need to convert your settings to 3.0 format. It will take a few minutes to do this, so be patient and let it finish!

Here are the files:

Firmware: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT300.zip
Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/manuals/Mastermind GT Manual-3.0.pdf
Mac Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/MMGTEditor-3.0.dmg
PC Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/MMGTEditor-3.0.zip

Last edited:
Ron, I want to thank you for the bug fixes and implementing the requests you have received.
Couldn't be happier with the MM GT.

Glad to hear that it's working well for everyone! I need to spend some time on the Mastermind PBC now, but already have ideas for what's coming next to the GT. Keep the requests coming!

Only just got round to updating the firmware, and loving this so far. Thanks Ron, some really great additions!

Quick question regarding pages.

I'm switching from using system/page commands to the page up/down (with min/max) commands, as the page names don't work using the former method. All working perfectly, but I can't seem to jump to page 1 from page 15 (where my main page is). I can jump between all pages, including from page 1 to page 15, but no matter what I do with the min/max settings, the lowest page number I can get to from page 15 is page 2. Any help with this one much appreciated!

Sounds like a bug - I'll have a look... So, you're setting the min and max to 1 and 15, respectively, and it's not allowing you to access page 1?

We'll need to rule out the switch issue that you mentioned separately, but if you'd like to send me your current settings, I can have a look.

Sounds like a bug - I'll have a look... So, you're setting the min and max to 1 and 15, respectively, and it's not allowing you to access page 1?

Yeah I just checked it with that setting and it seems to jump to the local page. I've had no issues jumping to any other page from this one (15), and had no problems on any other pages either. It just seems to go to page 2 or the local page using whatever way I try to get around it.
At the moment I've just reverted to using a system command, though it doesn't seem to generate the page names when using this method.

This obviously isn't the end of the world, so feel free to address more serious issues elsewhere, just thought it worth mentioning! :)

Storing tempos with Songs is a welcome feature, thank you!

Still seems difficult to get precision using tap tempo on the controller, so I rely on the song tempos to sync all my delays...(Using MMGT as Master Clock)

Anyone still having page up/down issues? Working on a 3.0.1 bug fix release and haven't been able to reproduce any issues. Please send me your settings if you're reporting a problem!

Back