MASTERMIND GT FIRMWARE 3.2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
Firmware 3.2.3 is now available. It has some new device support, a few new features and the inevitable bug fixes.
  • Added support for Fractal AX8 and FX8
  • Added minimum and maximum limits to preset and bank buttons. (Bank buttons only when in song mode). This allows you to set up buttons that only scroll through some of your presets, songs, etc. We had this ability for page up and down, but it's now extended to these other buttons.
  • Added support for decimal tempos. You can now specify tempos with one decimal place (120.5, 60.2, etc.)
  • Preset - and + buttons will now scroll to the next song once you've moved through all presets in a song
  • A button that has a hold function will now repeat if held longer (and if it's a repeating function like bank up/down)
  • The tuner can now be activated as part of a preset change
  • Fixed a bug that caused trouble with Axe-Fx and Kemper IA button states
  • Fixed a bug that affected bank select and "preset 2nd press"
  • All IA buttons that have Send on Preset Change enabled will now send on startup
  • Fixed a crash bug in the editor
UPDATE 3.2.1 - 3/15/2016:
Fixed a bug that screwed up number editing in the on-board setup menu

UPDATE 3.2.2 - 4/1/2016:
Fixed some bugs:
  • Fixed one that made the expression pedal position switch do weird things
  • Prevented the tuner from showing up when it wasn't supposed to
  • Tempo buttons can once again send MIDI messages
  • Expression pedals no longer send values on startup unless the "send on preset change" checkbox is turned on
UPDATE 3.2.3 - 4/14/2016:
More bug fixes:
  • External switch settings now save correctly when editing on the GT
  • Fixed a hang that happened when transferring settings in MIDI Clock slave mode
  • Added missing Y-Not CC definitions
  • Editor: fixed drag and drop between internal and external buttons on the Buttons tab
UPDATE 3.2.4 - 5/4/2016:
A small update (firmware only, no editor changes):
  • MIDI Clock master mode have been causing problems with the USB MIDI interface, breaking settings transfer in some cases. Tracking the source of this down has proved to be pretty challenging. For now, I have disabled MIDI clock output through the USB port. It will still send MIDI clock through the main MIDI output in master mode, and will still receive clock through the USB port in slave mode. if this change causes a problem for anyone, please let me know. I will revisit this problem to fix it for good, but how quickly I get to it depends on whether people are inconvenienced by the change.
  • Fixed number of PCs and banks for Boss DD-500 (they were reversed)
UPDATE 3.2.5 - 5/6/2016:
One bug fix:
  • Fixed external switch state handling - was not begin recalled correctly when switching presets
Update Instructions:

1). BACK UP YOUR SETTINGS!!! If you have to go back to 3.0, your GT will factory reset.

2). Download and unzip the firmware file below, then copy it to a USB flash drive. Be sure to select the "Eject" option on your PC to make sure that the drive is in the right state before pulling it from your computer.

3). Power up the GT while holding the two black buttons under the screen. Wait until the "Mastermind GT Bootloader" screen shows up, then plug in the flash drive. It should run the update at that point, which takes less than a minute.

Note: the first time the GT boots up after the update, it will need to convert your settings to 3.1/3.2 format if you weren't already running 3.1. It will take a few minutes to do this, so be patient and let it finish!

Here are the files:

Firmware: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT325.zip
Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/manuals/Masterm ... al-3.2.pdf (coming soon)
Mac Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/MMGTEditor-3.2.3.dmg
PC Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/MMGTEditor-3.2.3.zip

Last edited:
Thanks Ron!

Installed and working fine.

Minor comment: the repeat function on the HOLD function is very fast. It tends to overshoot.

Example: I've assigned Bank Down to the HOLD function of my Bank Up switch. Let's say I'm in Bank 10. When I hold the switch it's almost impossible to select bank 9 because of the speed.

BTW, I don't know if it matters but I'm using button speeds 600 (first) - 300 (next) - 500 (hold).

IMHO, the repeat function on the HOLD function is not so much needed, a single step per press suffices. The original bug I reported was that the HOLD function itself wasn't working, and that's been fixed now.

Last edited:
I think I see the issue - you have two time intervals, the hold time and the first repeat time. By default, the hold time is 1200mS and the first repeat time is 1500mS, and both of those start counting when the button is first pressed. That's why the first repeat comes so quickly. Probably the correct solution is to not start counting the first repeat time until the hold time has elapsed. But, for now, if you increase the first repeat time you'll avoid the problem of the button triggering multiple times.

There appears to be a bug in the display / entering of numbers (directly on the device).
All numerical values are shown with a decimal point.
If I edit an IA button with a CC command, when I enter "20" and hit save, it is changed to "200". It seems that all numerical values entered are multiplied by 10.

There appears to be a bug in the display / entering of numbers (directly on the device).
All numerical values are shown with a decimal point.
If I edit an IA button with a CC command, when I enter "20" and hit save, it is changed to "200". It seems that all numerical values entered are multiplied by 10.

Ok, I can reproduce this problem now. Something got broken when I added the decimal tempo stuff. I'll fix it ASAP. In the meantime, I recommend using the editor.

Hi Ron i installed 3.2.1 in my GT-16 and discovered the following:

- after backing up my presets/settings from an older firmware version (pre firmware 3) and then loading them into the GT with 3.2.1 (either via the latest editor or flash drive), all my external switch settings had been set to "Momentary Off" for some reason...so i had to go in and activate "Momentary On" for each preset.

- as with earlier Firmware versions, when i try and modify (via the hardware and not the editor) a saved setting for external switches per preset, it doesn't save the changes unless i delete all the previously saved actions for that preset and then start over. In other words, i'll go in and modify the settings by adding, for example, an additional CC toggle message, and after pressing save and calling up the live preset, the changes aren't saved.

Firmware 3.2.2 is now available - it fixes a few bugs, not all of the currently reported ones, though.

I've got to say Ron, your dedication to getting things done is second to none!

The ongoing support for your products makes me confident in buying and using your gear. Great work!

Version 3.2.4 now available - it disables MIDI clock transmission over USB, which was causing problems. You can still transmit clock over the standard MIDI port as well as receive MIDI clock over USB in slave mode. If this change causes inconvenience for you, please let me know so I know how prioritize a better fix.

3.2.5 is now available, it fixed one issue with how external switch states are handled when switching presets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back