MASTERMIND GT FIRMWARE 3.4.9 / EDITOR 3.4.6

Which model of Axe-Fx do you have? Wondering if you have one that doesn't have a MIDI Thru. I think those are all models earlier than the XL. I don't have a normal Axe II anymore, but I seem to remember that they would echo all of the incoming MIDI data back out the output, which could potentially cause problems. I'll investigate here as best I can.
Thanks for the reply. I am pretty certain its a loopback issue I face. My axe version is mk2, so it doesnt have a dedicated thru. No worries, hardware of other companies isnt something i can expect you to modify. Of course another $3k, im sure it could be solved. Something tells me Im going to ignore it for now.

I'm having a weird issue with this release. Perhaps it's something simple but I've yet to be able to track down how to resolve it. I'm running a Kemper v5.0.3.12660 along with my GT 22 running 3.4.3. Previously in 3.3.1 the tap tempo function worked properly and would flash with the correct time regardless of what the kemper tap button was flashing. However now after updating the tap tempo button on the GT won't hold a value. As I sit here looking at it the tempo is being reported as 122.7, 117.3, 118.5, 121.8 etc. I've turned off the show tempo feature and the Kemper itself is reporting that I'm connected with a GT 22 running 3.4.3. When I try and tap a tempo in manually I get the same result; a swimming tempo but it usually decides to go up to the high 200s for tempo to do it's tempo swings. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I'll just go back to 3.3.1 which worked nearly flawlessly. Thanks!

I'm having a weird issue with this release. Perhaps it's something simple but I've yet to be able to track down how to resolve it. I'm running a Kemper v5.0.3.12660 along with my GT 22 running 3.4.3. Previously in 3.3.1 the tap tempo function worked properly and would flash with the correct time regardless of what the kemper tap button was flashing. However now after updating the tap tempo button on the GT won't hold a value. As I sit here looking at it the tempo is being reported as 122.7, 117.3, 118.5, 121.8 etc. I've turned off the show tempo feature and the Kemper itself is reporting that I'm connected with a GT 22 running 3.4.3. When I try and tap a tempo in manually I get the same result; a swimming tempo but it usually decides to go up to the high 200s for tempo to do it's tempo swings. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I'll just go back to 3.3.1 which worked nearly flawlessly. Thanks!

The GT is trying to measure the tempo coming back from the Kemper. Unfortunately, the tempo flashes are not very accurate on the Kemper, it appears. I will add an option to disable reading tempo.

simple issue. In all the editor versions ive tried.. the "startup on last preset" check box in global page, doesnt save its state. More like a gnat than a bug. Also, Im having a heck of time getting buttons to update or send note messages when switching presets. I have tried macros as well. My tempest uses note messages to load beats. I was hoping to step into a preset and the note message would load the beat for me. It just seems that note messages arent sent when selecting presets, and there's no choice to send them like you can the device pc's. Also, is there any way to allow devices to send pc's per preset w/o having to enable ALL of them and uncheck ALL of them. 6 devices x's 300 presets its 1800 boxes to uncheck, less the ones i want to use.

Last edited:
simple issue. In all the editor versions ive tried.. the "startup on last preset" check box in global page, doesnt save its state. More like a gnat than a bug. Also, Im having a heck of time getting buttons to update or send note messages when switching presets. I have tried macros as well. My tempest uses note messages to load beats. I was hoping to step into a preset and the note message would load the beat for me. It just seems that note messages arent sent when selecting presets, and there's no choice to send them like you can the device pc's. Also, is there any way to allow devices to send pc's per preset w/o having to enable ALL of them and uncheck ALL of them. 6 devices x's 300 presets its 1800 boxes to uncheck, less the ones i want to use.

I'll check the Startup on Last Preset thing.

Buttons with note actions should send on preset change long as the button has Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change on, and Momentary off. I'll verify that. Worst case, you could use a Sysex and manually type in the numbers for a note message, but that shouldn't be necessary.

On the Devices tab, there's a button that says Set Preset PCs to None. That will uncheck the device's PC box for all presets in the Presets tab.

Ron,
Would it be possible to add a debug screen to the editor?
This would show what MIDI is sent when loading a preset or when pushing a button.

Ron,

Another idea:
On the preset page (after selecting preset menu), there's a blank button next to "Cancel"
Perhaps you could add a button for preset number there?

Also - and I think this has already been mentioned - keeping the buttons Next or Previous depressed should scroll through the list.

Ron,
Would it be possible to add a debug screen to the editor?
This would show what MIDI is sent when loading a preset or when pushing a button.

It's something I've definitely thought about. Basically, I would need to emulate a large percentage of the controller in the editor code. It would be a lot of work, but it would also be very useful!

Ron,

Another idea:
On the preset page (after selecting preset menu), there's a blank button next to "Cancel"
Perhaps you could add a button for preset number there?

Also - and I think this has already been mentioned - keeping the buttons Next or Previous depressed should scroll through the list.

I'll think about that one, it makes sense.

Button repeat should be there, I'll look into it ASAP.

Brilliant Ron.
Meanwhile I still use Midi-Ox to check the messages.
Works also but I was thinking about peeps programming without their Controller with them and, through the use of an emulator, being able to debug their programming.

THANK YOU MUCH! Now macros are sending on preset change, including note messages. Hooray, I can even stack 2 messages with velocities of 127, then 0 and i get a perfect trigger to manage the tempest beat selection. Even the note messages are sending in preset change. So awesome, thank you tons!

Is this something that can be incorporated into the preset list in the MMGT Editor? When dragging presets, the pc number changed to the corresponding slot that it is move to and likewise for any others that have shifted positions? Although unknown to me there could be reason it's as for how it is now.

This is something that would cause problems for some people. If you're calling up, say, a slapback patch on a delay pedal, you wouldn't want it to change to call up a different delay preset just because you moved the preset to a different slot. You would want the PC number to remain the same no matter where the GT preset is put in the preset list.

Now, I can see that this might be different if you're using an Axe-Fx or Kemper as the center of your rig. In that case you might be reordering presets in the Axe-Fx or Kemper and need to reorder them in the GT to match. But, generally in these cases you are keeping the PC numbers sequential. You can go to the Devices tab, select the Axe-Fx device, then press Set PCs to Sequential to return the PC numbers to the way they were before you started dragging presets around.

I loaded firmware 3.4.4 but when looking in the editor 3.4.4 all my hold buttons display no data, only data for the normal button. When using editor 3.4.2 it's ok. Mac Os 10.10.5

Similar
I loaded firmware 3.4.4 but when looking in the editor 3.4.4 all my hold buttons display no data, only data for the normal button. When using editor 3.4.2 it's ok. Mac Os 10.10.5
Same on windows7-64. I cant program hold buttons with the editor. Going back to 3.4.2 to verify.... Seems to be working in 3.4.2

Can one of you guys send me your settings? I was unable to reproduce the problem with some quick testing here.

Which settings? Its more of an editor issue i think, the board programs just fine, and the editor 3.4.4 seems to notice when i set it to read setting for device. Its kind of odd, it lets me copy the button (that has a hold attached), yet when i paste it to another spot, the HOLD portion doesnt exist, nor will it let me make changes that dont auto revert. It alos wont let me create hold buttons. None of these issues show up in version 3.4.2. I am more than happy to reprogram what i had and send to you, but i erased those presets to avoid the hold function for now. I also had to uninstall ver 3.4.4. can i have both installed at once? I shall try.

Back