MASTERMIND GT FIRMWARE 4.2.3 / EDITOR 4.2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a new release for the GT. This one fine tunes Axe-Fx 3 support and fixes the broken Axe-Fx 1/2 support.

SPECIAL AXE-FX III NOTES
  • Works best with Axe-Fx 1.18 beta or later
  • The recommended device settings when working with an Axe-Fx III are now:
    • Direct Send: OFF
    • Send Redundant PC: OFF
    • Poll State: ON
    • Ignore Incoming CC / Ignore Incoming PC: OFF
These are now the defaults when setting up a new GT. These should give the best results in most cases, although certain special cases will require different settings.​

• In order to see the Poll State option in the Devices tab, you may need to set your device to a different type, like "Axe-Fx II", then set it back to "Axe-Fx III". You should only have to do this once.

FEATURES
  • "Poll State" setting for the Axe-Fx III makes the GT query the Axe-Fx's state periodically so that any changes in the Axe-Fx or Axe-Edit will show up on the GT. This will work for effect block bypass and channels. If you also have "Ignore Incoming PC" turned off, it will also track preset and scene changes from the Axe-Fx and Axe-Edit.
BUG FIXES
  • Fixed broken Axe-Fx I and II support
  • Fixed Remote Mode when using an Axe-Fx III
  • Fixed double flashes when Calc Tempo From Flashes is active
  • Allow non-Cycle buttons to properly sync with effect block channels
  • Fixed problem with IA Cycle buttons
  • Fixed issue with controlling the higher numbered Axe-Fx III effect blocks.
  • Fixed scene handing when "Direct Send' is turned off
FIXES IN 4.2.1
  • Allow scene buttons to sync when Poll State is on and Ignore Incoming PC is on
  • Fixed a bug that caused problems with non-CC IA buttons
  • Fixed problem with Scene Menu when Direct Send PC/CC is turned off
FIXES IN 4.2.2
  • Fixed a bug that caused synchronization problems with Axe-Fx III channel selection and IA Cycle buttons
FIXES IN 4.2.3
  • Fixed a bug that caused incoming PCs and remote mode to occasionally select the wrong preset.
NOTES / KNOWN ISSUES
  • If your GT presets are selecting both presets and scenes on the Axe-Fx (such as when using Get Preset Names / Create Songs), you will see it switch to scene 1, then to the desired scene every time you move to a new Axe-Fx preset. This is something I'm trying to work on with Fractal.
TO UPDATE FIRMWARE:

PLEASE DON'T DO A MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE RIGHT BEFORE YOUR BIG GIG!

- First, back up your settings to a flash drive or computer! If you go back to 4.1 or earlier, your GT will factory reset.
- Download and unzip the firmware file.
- Copy the file to a USB flash drive, and remove any other .rjf files from the flash drive.
- Eject the drive from your computer.
- Power on the Mastermind GT while holding the two buttons under the main screen.
- Keep holding until you see "Mastermind GT Bootloader" appear on the screen.
- Now plug the flash drive into your GT. The update should begin and will take a few minutes to complete.

Firmware: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGT423.zip

Mac Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGTEditor-4.2.0.dmg
PC Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGTEditor-4.2.0.zip

Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/Mastermind GT Manual-4.2.pdf

Editor Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/wiki

Last edited:
I'm still having a problem with the GT22 always showing Scene 1 regardless of the actual scene selected on the AxeFXIII. This only happens when a new Preset is selected. All the Scene buttons work normally but don't initially indicate the saved scene from the AxeFXIII.
I'm using MMGT420 with recommended settings and 1.18 Beta1 on AxeFXIII.

I'm still having a problem with the GT22 always showing Scene 1 regardless of the actual scene selected on the AxeFXIII. This only happens when a new Preset is selected. All the Scene buttons work normally but don't initially indicate the saved scene from the AxeFXIII.
I'm using MMGT420 with recommended settings and 1.18 Beta1 on AxeFXIII.

Are your scene buttons grouped? Mine were acting funny when I had them grouped.

Yes, my Scene buttons are/were grouped BUT if I don't have them grouped then a) no Scene buttons light upon preset change and b) they don't 'deselect' when I change to another scene. So if I scroll through my Scenes then all the buttons will be end up illuminated.

I don’t know what kind of Black Magic you used to make this all work but it’s working perfectly!!! Thanks Ron!!!

This release and FW 1.18b1 from Fractal and all the problems I've reported are now gone. Thank you! This GT/22 really is blowing my mind.

I can't follow Ron's suggested settings, I have to check Ignore Incoming PC to on. If I leave it to off, when I'm sending a PC with a IA switch and I want to stay on the same GT preset, the GT switch to another preset.
For an example this IA switch send PC 35 when on, and back to PC 18 when off. When I kick the IA my Axe goes to preset 35, but the GT goes to preset 36 that is programed to recall preset 35!!! I don't get how this is possible, maybe a buG?
On my Axe Send PC is off. Ignore Redundant PC to on.

That's correct, if you Ignore Incoming PC off, then every time the Axe-Fx changes presets, the GT will change presets accordingly. It doesn't matter how you change the presets in the Axe-Fx, when the GT detects that the Axe-Fx is on a different preset, the GT will figure out which GT preset corresponds to that Axe-Fx preset, and will change to that preset.

If you don't want this to happen, you'll have to turn Ignore Incoming PC on again.

Thanks Ron, fantastic to learn new things everyday about your products.
What is nice is that I can still send PC from my iPad connected to usb, even with Ignore Incoming PC to on.

Ron, this is a really great update! Small problem here though: the GT22 does follow scene changes, but does not follow preset changes.
That is: I can see that, when I change e.g. from Preset X-scene 1 to Preset Y-scene 2, the main display switches to another scene, but it stays on the same preset.

I'm using MMGT FW 4.2, Editor 4.2, Axe FX FW 1.18beta.
These are my settings, like you instructed:
  • Direct Send: OFF
  • Send Redundant PC: OFF
  • Poll State: ON
  • Ignore Incoming CC: OFF
  • Ignore Incoming PC: OFF
These are my settings on the Axe FX:
o MIDI-channel = CH1
o SCENE REVERT : OFF
o Sysex Realtime : ON
o PROGRAM CHANGE : ON
o Ignore Redundant PC : OFF
o Send MIDI PC : CH1

Hope you can help me get this working, would be really nice.
Thx.

Ron, this is a really great update! Small problem here though: the GT22 does follow scene changes, but does not follow preset changes.
That is: I can see that, when I change e.g. from Preset X-scene 1 to Preset Y-scene 2, the main display switches to another scene, but it stays on the same preset.

Thx.

It probably has to do with how you have your presets set up, I might not have accounted for all possibilities. If you send me your settings I can check it out.

Thx.

Go to Devices, set the Axe-Fx III device to some other device type, like FX8 (doesn't matter which one you choose as long as it's not Axe-Fx III), then set it back to Axe-Fx III. You'll see a Poll State checkbox appear below. Make sure the checkbox is checked, then Write Changes to Device. That should fix it.

Go to Devices, set the Axe-Fx III device to some other device type, like FX8 (doesn't matter which one you choose as long as it's not Axe-Fx III), then set it back to Axe-Fx III. You'll see a Poll State checkbox appear below. Make sure the checkbox is checked, then Write Changes to Device. That should fix it.
Ron, problem solved now. Fantastic, many thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back