MASTERMIND GT FIRMWARE / EDITOR 4.4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the updates, I'll be installing after the current tour is over.

I've requested this before, so sorry if that's annoying. Do you think it would be possible to add a search field under the presets tab in the editor? It would make navigating my many presets a lot easier.

Cheers!

Thanks for the updates, I'll be installing after the current tour is over.

I've requested this before, so sorry if that's annoying. Do you think it would be possible to add a search field under the presets tab in the editor? It would make navigating my many presets a lot easier.

Cheers!

I have so many feature requests for the editor, I really just need to do a major overhaul. Finding the time to do it is the trick...

Reactions: Jop
I have so many feature requests for the editor, I really just need to do a major overhaul. Finding the time to do it is the trick...

i am new on boat but this is already such a great product. (both gt 16 and the editor software). not only this, customer service/product support of RJM is great also! So, i won't be one of those who complain if next update takes sometime :)

"Bug":

When I'm in Song Mode and then use the Preset Menu to select a preset, all is well: the main display shows the preset name.

But when I don't use the Preset Menu, but instead select a preset by pressing a button that has been assigned to IA > System > Preset (...), the main display doesn't change to show the preset name. It still shows the previous Song title.

Likewise, if the GT is in Song mode, and I switch presets on the Axe-Fx 3, the main display sometimes stays in "Song mode", and sometimes doesn't.

Last edited:
Bug:

When I launch the editor, mess around in the Song page only, and then select Write Changes, the changes are not being transferred.

Only when selecting Write Settings, the changes in the Songs list are transferred.

Added "Update Preset Name" button type - pressing this updates the current preset name (and scene names, if applicable) from the connected device (typically Axe-Fx)
This is amazing. Thank you, Ron!

This is a very nice quality-of-life update all around.

I have a minor ask for the editor: could you make it respond to the ESC key? It'd be great if pressing ESC was equivalent to pressing the "DONE" button with your mouse in switch edit dialogs.

I have a minor ask for the editor: could you make it respond to the ESC key? It'd be great if pressing ESC was equivalent to pressing the "DONE" button with your mouse in switch edit dialogs.

Currently, pressing Return does that for you, but I suppose I could add Esc as well.

I confess to having spent many years using vi, but it's a pretty rare occurrence these days

:wq

I still use vi to write rules on my openHAB IoT controller running Linux on a PI-3. Love the command line! I learned CP/M in school.

Last edited:
Here's a new beta release for you, with some bug fixes and user requested features. Please test it out if you have the time!

FEATURES:
  • Added "Update Preset Name" button type - pressing this updates the current preset name (and scene names, if applicable) from the connected device (typically Axe-Fx)
  • Support for GFI System pedals: Cabzeus and Specular Tempus. Also support for Strymon Iridium and Chase Bliss Mood
  • Added ability to update device firmware from editor. Only works with devices that have 2.0 bootloader (built June 2019 or later)
  • Tapped in tempos are now preserved when switching presets within a song, if preset tempos are set to Song, or if "Ignore Preset Tempos" is turned on.
  • Added two special values to the ExpPedal action: "Same" does nothing, and "Send" sends the expression pedal's current value again
  • "Decimal Tempo" setting controls whether tempos are displayed with one decimal place or as whole numbers only
  • Added setting to reverse Bank MSB and Bank LSB CCs for incoming bank selection
  • Added sysex message to be able to post a message on the main screen
  • Doing Assign CC of an Axe-Fx III effect block in the editor now automatically adds the "hold to select channel" functionality, like it does on the GT itself. This works when right-clicking on a button in the Buttons tab and selecting "Assign CC" or "Assign Default Buttons".
BUG FIXES:
  • Turning on "Update on Preset Change" on a button will now disable state updates from an Axe-Fx III, like it does on previous models
  • Fixed screen formatting issues in calibrate menu and channel select menu
  • Fixed bug that kept Get Preset Names running after it was cancelled
  • Kemper tuner and tempo now work even if Ignore Incoming CC is turned on
  • Fixed state update of Kemper Reverb button
  • Fixed a bug that prevented long Sysex messages from being sent over USB. (This happened when using more than one Sysex action to build a longer message)
  • Fixed a bug with "Send Off Msgs" group setting
  • Fixed a screen bug that caused scene name to flash
  • Fixed editing of special values in the GT setup menu
  • Fixed Axe-Fx tuner that was off by 1 cent
FIXES FROM BETA RELEASES:
  • Fixed occasional crashes in Update Preset Name
  • Update Preset Name no longer changes the stored page number in the preset
  • Fixed data corruption on button page 10
  • Fixed missing scene name display when using Preset -/+ buttons
  • Fixed warnings when running editor in MacOS Catalina
FIXES IN 4.4.1:
  • Fixed a bug that caused problems if you had normal IA and IA cycle buttons with the same IA ID.
  • Fixed a bug that caused Poll State to interfere with Update Preset Name
TO UPDATE FIRMWARE:

PLEASE DON'T DO A MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE RIGHT BEFORE YOUR BIG GIG!

- First, back up your settings to a flash drive or computer! If you go back to 4.2 or earlier, your GT will factory reset.
- Download and unzip the firmware file.
- Copy the file to a USB flash drive, and remove any other .rjf files from the flash drive.
- Eject the drive from your computer.
- Power on the Mastermind GT while holding the two buttons under the main screen.
- Keep holding until you see "Mastermind GT Bootloader" appear on the screen.
- Now plug the flash drive into your GT. The update should begin and will take a few minutes to complete.

Firmware: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGT441.zip

Mac Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGTEditor-4.4.0.dmg
PC Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGTEditor-4.4.0.zip

Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/Mastermind GT Manual-4.3.pdf (update coming soon)

Editor Manual (not updated for 4.4 yet): http://www.rjmmusic.com/wiki

Noob question here. Just updated to 4.4.1 but can't seem to find the "update Preset Name" button. How do I go about this?

Noob question here. Just updated to 4.4.1 but can't seem to find the "update Preset Name" button. How do I go about this?

You should be able to edit a button, select Type and set it to Update Preset Name. I don't have a GT in front of me, but it definitely shows up as an option in the editor software v4.4.0.

Bug:

I think anyway....
When I use the external switches to controlling my Ditto X4 I found a strange behavior.
If I only use it to "Rec/Play/dub" as an IA, everything works without any problem but if i also use "Hold" to delete the last recording, then the "Rec/Play/Dub" still works but inverted. My Ditto doesn't engage until I release the button, not when it is pressed.
Taking away the "Hold" function everything goes back to normal again.

It would be nice to have the "clear last recording" back again, mistakes do happens when looping.... ;-)

Last edited:
Firmware 4.4.2 now available, adds Source Audio Collider and Jackson Audio Broken Arrow and Bloom support, plus several bug fixes, listed at the top of this thread.

Firmware 4.4.2 now available, adds Source Audio Collider and Jackson Audio Broken Arrow and Bloom support, plus several bug fixes, listed at the top of this thread.
It may just be my computer but, I'm getting an error when trying to open the zip download file. It says "error 2 - no such file or directory." no matter where I try to open it. I have a MBP, could it be the download file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back