Mastermind GT Firmware/Editor 4.8.1 (or 4.8.2???)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
Firmware and editor 4.8.0 are now available.

Now updated to 4.8.1, see below...
...but... Windows editor has been updated to 4.8.2, see below...

FEATURES:
  • New device support:
    • Ampete switchers
    • Boss RE-202
    • Eventide Blackhole, Micropitch, Tricerachorus, Ultratap
    • Jackson Optimist
    • Line 6 DM4 II
    • Morningstar ML5
    • Neunaber Illumine
    • Synergy Syn2
    • Walrus M1
  • Fixed Mini Effect Gizmo X CC list
  • Fixed IA Cycle synchronization in remote mode
  • Fixed Copy Preset on GT/10
  • Fixed a bug that cause Auto Tap to trigger when switching to BPM=off
  • Added Off Color for presets, so that you can now specify an on color and a off color to be displayed on the preset's button
  • Added System / Setlist special value Reload, which brings you to the first song, first preset in the current setlist
  • Axe-Fx III/FM3/FM9 now disable looper buttons when there's no looper available in the current preset
  • Editor: fixed weird behavior at the end of the song and setlist lists
Updates in 4.8.1:
  • Fixed the missing Illumine pedal data
  • Fixed Assign Default Buttons for Syn2
  • Fixed firmware update bug in 4.8.0 editor
  • Fixed version number displayed in editor when converting older settings
  • Fixed Set IA action "prev" and "next" special values
  • Fixed remote mode synchronization of grouped IA buttons
Updates in 4.8.2 (Windows Editor release only):
  • Fixed an issue in the Windows editor where it wouldn't read from the GT
TO UPDATE FIRMWARE:

PLEASE DON'T DO A MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE RIGHT BEFORE YOUR BIG GIG!

- First, back up your settings to a flash drive or computer! If you go back to 4.7 or earlier, your GT will factory reset.
- Download and unzip the firmware file.
- Copy the file to a USB flash drive, and remove any other .rjf files from the flash drive.
- Eject the drive from your computer.
- Power on the Mastermind GT while holding the two buttons under the main screen.
- Keep holding until you see "Mastermind GT Bootloader" appear on the screen.
- Now plug the flash drive into your GT. The update should begin and will take a few minutes to complete.

Firmware: https://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGT481.zip

Mac Editor: https://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGTEditor-4.8.1.dmg
PC Editor: https://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGTEditor-4.8.2.zip

Manual: https://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/Mastermind GT Manual-4.3.pdf

Last edited:
Editor crashes on my Mac when I assign the device to Synergy/Syn-2 and assign the buttons to the default of the Syn-2. As soon as I click "ok" on the pop-up confirmation window it crashes.

Editor crashes on my Mac when I assign the device to Synergy/Syn-2 and assign the buttons to the default of the Syn-2. As soon as I click "ok" on the pop-up confirmation window it crashes.
Thanks for pointing that out. There aren't any default buttons (you'll have to assign them yourself) but it definitely shouldn't crash.

Hi. I have updated both the editor and firmware to 4.8.1 and now the editor won't do a "Read Settings from device". The editor shows that it's connected and I can push settings from the editor to my GT16.

Last edited:
A few people have reported this, and so far I have not been able to reproduce it here. Are you using Mac or Windows? Can you send me your settings file?

I did try resetting to factory defaults as well and the behaviour is the same. So I am not sure my settings file will make any difference.

What I noticed with my Mac, IIRC, was I had to update the firmware to 4.8 in order for the editor to read the settings from the hardware. Once I did that with a USB stick it was fine.

Well, that was a head-scratcher. I finally found the issue, which only affected the Windows editor. 4.8.2 fixes it, and is available above. There's no 4.8.2 firmware or 4.8.2 Mac editor because they weren't affected by the bug. You can use the 4.8.2 Windows editor with 4.8.1 firmware.

Silly me didn't follow the USB instructions...
I updated the Editor to 4.8.2 and it wouldn't read from the GT with firmware 4.7. I tried to update the firmware through the Editor, it seemed to be ok but it said the GT changed to firmware 4.6?!
I then followed the USB firmware update instructions and everything is communicating fine, GT at 4.8.1, Windows GT Editor at 4.8.2.

Found some weird behavior in the editor on my mac after updating. In presets, i can't select any button on any page other than page 1. When I select them on other pages, it will activate the corresponding button on page 1 only. On the already existing presets, however, buttons on other pages are still selected, but I can't unselect them. Took a screen recording, but I can't upload it because the file is too big even if I convert it to 480, and that's the lowest res Quicktime can do. So I uploaded it to YT but can only be viewed with the link, it's not public. I'm on an an older MacBook Air running Big Sur 11.6.4 and the editor is 4.8.1. https://youtu.be/JiClqepQvSM

Found some weird behavior in the editor on my mac after updating. In presets, i can't select any button on any page other than page 1. When I select them on other pages, it will activate the corresponding button on page 1 only. On the already existing presets, however, buttons on other pages are still selected, but I can't unselect them. Took a screen recording, but I can't upload it because the file is too big even if I convert it to 480, and that's the lowest res Quicktime can do. So I uploaded it to YT but can only be viewed with the link, it's not public. I'm on an an older MacBook Air running Big Sur 11.6.4 and the editor is 4.8.1. https://youtu.be/JiClqepQvSM
This looks like it's a bug - if you click on the LCD over the button instead of the button instead, it will work correctly. I'm surprised no one else has run into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back