Mastermind GT Improvement Ideas

damo_512

For the next firmware update, would it be possible to include the following ideas?

For local pages, to be able to rename the scene name on a preset's local page. Say for an Axe fx where Scene 1 may be a clean and Scene 2 a rhythm, the global page would say Scene 1, 2 etc but the local page would allow us to name our scenes accordingly.

Similarly for when a local page is used, what about having all global buttons stop at page 15 so the local page (16) is free for any desirable setup. It would allow each preset that has a local page to have it's completely unique setup while every other preset can still use our general global layouts from pages 1-15.

Another idea would be to have the tap tempo name automatically display the tempo in bpm. For example, it could read from an Axe FX and display "120 BPM" as the button name. In the editor, there could be a check box that turns on this feature.

Ok, I have at least some good news for you.

Regarding the naming of scene buttons, you can do this already. I'm assuming that you must have scene buttons under the preset buttons, using them in IA Mode - otherwise you wouldn't run into a problem at all. If you turn off the Global setting on the preset buttons, then you can redefine them on your local page with different names.

I'm not sure what you mean about the second issue - that's pretty much how it works. Pages 1-15 are available to every preset and page 16 can be different for each preset, activated by enabling the local page on a preset.

Tap tempo can be displayed when the Mastermind GT is generating MIDI clock signals. Measuring and displaying the tempo coming from the Axe-Fx or Kemper is possible in a future release, but I'm not sure how accurate it would be.

Okay I might give that a try :)

What I mean is that the local page can override the global buttons, for example any preset/scene or IA buttons that are global wouldn't be there. So when you select yes for a local page, it comes up with all 10, 16 or 22 buttons available without all the global buttons still there.

Could there be a way to read what the Axe Fx or Kemper is displaying on their screens. Maybe there is a way for slave mode to have the same idea for figuring out the tempo between two taps or an average of 10?

Ah, I see... a way to override a global button. I'll think about that.

As far as I know, the Axe-Fx and Kemper don't send any information about tempo except a "tick" indicating when the tempo LED should flash. Averaging these ticks would be the only way. I'll have to play with that and see when kind of numbers come out.

Ron, I have another idea.

Would it be possible to have a button that directs you to a page that is outside of the max button page number?

For example, if I have my max button page set at 3 for use of just my needed IA's and I have looper controls on button page 5, I could have a button that directs me to page 5 (or whatever page I want) where my looper controls are. The page/store button would work as normal scrolling from 1-3 and repeating.

Okay I might give that a try :)

What I mean is that the local page can override the global buttons, for example any preset/scene or IA buttons that are global wouldn't be there. So when you select yes for a local page, it comes up with all 10, 16 or 22 buttons available without all the global buttons still there

I'd like that too. I run into the same thing when naming scenes.

The Max Page setting is the maximum that the GT will process, so it's a hard limit. No page above the limit is going to do anything.

However, that's why I added the min and max limits to the Page buttons in 3.0 - set the global max to the last page you're going to use, and then set the min and max on your page buttons to limit the range of pages they access.

glare resistant lexan with precut holes. You know, a pretty plastic sheet that bolts down with the buttons and protects this GORGEOUS beast from rocks scratching my screens. I wouldnt mind it making me a sandwich as well. Oh, and the choice of sending midi thru BOTH usb and midi connect on unit. Or rather than a global setting, let me choose which command goes to which or both via midi/usb. I am incorporating the controller into a setup that requires me control EVERYTHING from everywhere. USB to the dedicated daw and midi to the rack would be pretty dandy.

Back