MASTERMIND LT Cycle Buttons

EVHGuy1111

I love RJM.

Got my MASTERMIND LT a few weeks ago and after watching all the 'Mastering the Mastermind' videos and some pointers in this forum I'm off to the races. Been setting up my dream MIDI Rig and it's going well.

Still, even after having watched all the videos and experimenting I'm confued with the cycle buttons. I understand the concept and follow the video in the Mastermind Series but can't get it to work the way I want.

MY GOAL is to set the MM LT "Function Button" to cycle through 3 functions:
STEP/HOLD 1: Page Up Down (hold button, access: then be able to tap it and cycle downard through pages)
STEP/HOLD 2: Tap Tempo Function (hold button, access: then be able to tap button and sent tempo to connected devices)
STEP/HOLD 3: Setup Menu Function (hold button, access: initiates setup menu for navigation)

Perhaps none of this is possible or perhaps I'm just setting up the functions and "add steps" wrong in the cycle windows?

Any advice would be appreciated.

The problem is that it isn't really intended to work the way you're trying to use it. An IA Cycle button will do something specific and immediate, like send a different group of MIDI messages for each step. But it's not intended to have two functions intermingled like that where holding one button moves it to the next step, which then changes the entire function of a different button to something else.

It might be possible to do using button pages, where holding the IA Cycle button switches button pages, which results in the button having a different function. But, I've never tried it. It would be complicated to set up and not guaranteed to work.

Back