Mastermind Midi Clock Questions

Urmy

Hi There, I apologize if this thread exists already. I am sure that some version of it does. I am new to the forum, and couldn't find a thread with a search, so it could just be unfamiliarity with how to navigate the forum.

Anyway, here is what I am trying to figure out:

I am building a new rig with some older and newer gear and trying to make sure I am thinking through the midi implications carefully and completely.

My goal is to have my Mastermind GT22 be the brains of the entire thing. However, if I'm correct (and I'm pretty much a midi newbie), there are some additional pieces of midi gear that might be required in order to really sync everything up.

Several of my pieces of gear are midi in/out/thru (strymon volante, korg sdd 2000, korg sdd 3000 (pedal), boss slicer, hologram dream sequence, etc.), and some of my pedals are tap tempo (fulltone supa trem2, etc.).

I will use the rjm effects gizmo to open and close the loops for each scene, but I'm trying to make sure I have the correct midi implementation.

Can the GT22 send midi clock data to sync all of my units, including the tap tempo units? If not, I do have a disaster area midi clock Gen3 box that has 1 midi out and a couple tap tempo midi outs, so I think I can use that. I also have a Midi Solutions Quada Thru pedal that will send each midi enabled pedal its own strong clock signal so there is no 'chain lag'.

I am also running this rig into 2 Kemper power racks as my 'amps'. So, am curious about how the GT22 can send cc messages to the kempers in order to control their parameters like switching rigs, bpm on internal effects, etc.

I hope all of that is clear. And, many many thanks in advance for any guidance anyone can provide here. I guess the net net is that I need to know what kind of additional equipment will be required to get all these pedals (tap and midi) sync'd up to a global clock, and switching songs, and each scene inside the songs, in perfect sync.

THX!!

I can't answer everything, but i can tell you that if your pedal accepts MIDI clock, the Mastermind will get it there if it's on either Master or Slave. You can also assign BPM per preset or song. Hope that helps.

The GT will send MIDI clock to any devices that will listen to it, but it won't control devices that take an analog tap tempo input. I'm not familiar with the Disaster Area box, but if it can take MIDI clock in and send taps out, then you should be able to use it to interface to those pedals.

Regarding the Kemper, that's a complicated topic. I recommend looking at the Kemper section of the GT manual, and the various videos online that show the GT and Kemper working together.

Back