MASTERMIND PBC 3.0.1 Firmware & Editor

Ron,

were you ever able to figure what was going on here and correct it on the official 3.0 release? I doesn't seem to have corrected for me....

That should be fixed in the final 3.0. Please send me your settings if it's not working.

How stable is this release?

The thing is, I finally got to rewire my board for the PBC last weekend and updated the software to 3.0 and I have no experience with the previous software versions. I use the PBC with 2 external switches and an expression pedal.

My issue is this:

- The PBC sometimes does not recognise the external switches and expression pedal. Powering the PBC off and on again fixes this issue.

I need a solid setup by Friday. If that means switching to the previous software version and remaking all my presets in the previous editor, so be it.

By the way, except for this, I am really loving my new setup!

Last edited:
I found a bug with between the mute button and expression pedal. When I hit the mute button for tuning then hit a preset button to exit tuning mode to go directly to a preset, the expression pedal stops working. I have to hit the mute button on then off to get it working again.

How stable is this release?

The thing is, I finally got to rewire my board for the PBC last weekend and updated the software to 3.0 and I have no experience with the previous software versions. I use the PBC with 2 external switches and an expression pedal.

My issue is this:

- The PBC sometimes does not recognise the external switches and expression pedal. Powering the PBC off and on again fixes this issue.

I need a solid setup by Friday. If that means switching to the previous software version and remaking all my presets in the previous editor, so be it.

By the way, except for this, I am really loving my new setup!

Are you using the tuner, then exiting the tuner by using a preset button? I'm wondering if you're seeing the same issue that Charlie is in the message above.

Ah, and one tiny remark:
Are you using the tuner, then exiting the tuner by using a preset button? I'm wondering if you're seeing the same issue that Charlie is in the message above.

Yes, that seems very likely: it happened when I was testing presets and I was using the tuner/mute a lot when adjusting stuff and I have the habit to go out of mute by switching to a preset...

I 'll see if I can recreate the issue this evening.

Ah, and one tiny remark:

Yes, that seems very likely: it happened when I was testing presets and I was using the tuner/mute a lot when adjusting stuff and I have the habit to go out of mute by switching to a preset...

I 'll see if I can recreate the issue this evening.

If it is the same problem, then pressing mute twice should get your expression pedals and external switches back.

Just released version 3.0.1 which fixes some bugs and adds the ability to specify tempos to tenths of a BPM.

FYI, I somehow screwed up and the firmware file that was uploaded yesterday was the old 3.0.0 version. I've fixed it today. If the correct version number "3.0.1" is displayed on startup, you have the correct file.

Ron I tried to install the 3.01 update and the PBC keeps telling me to insert a valid file. I am using the USB thumb drive that came with the PBC that I have used since I got it in January to do all the firmware updates. I have tried formatting the USB drive and only putting the firmware file on it but get the same thing.

Do you have another drive you can try? Also, how did you format it? The PBC is very picky about the format on the drive. It needs to be FAT formatted with an MBR partition scheme.

I have another one just not handy when I was near the pbc. Did a quick format from win 10 fat32

Hey Ron, I believe 3.0.1 did I not fix this issue successfully.
  • Fixed a bug that made the Mute function not turn off correctly if you switched presets when in Mute mode.

• Fixed a bug that made the Mute function not turn off correctly if you switched presets when in Mute mode.
I have similar problem sometimes , sometimes PBC just freezz on a preset , unplug and plugin back fix problem

Sorry for the delay in responding - edit the Mute button and turn on "Send on Preset Change" and "Update on Preset Change". That'll fix it. I'll make this the factory default for the Mute button starting in 3.1

Back