MASTERMIND PBC 4.6.3 FIRMWARE / 4.6.1 EDITOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big request to add midi support for Neural DSP Quad Cortex! I want to jointly manage it and my pedalboard. I am very used to controlling everything through PBC 10, I think it is the best and most flexible midi device that I have used. Thanks in advance!!!!

I just updated my PBC 10 to firmware 4.61. Now when pressing a preset button, after briefly having sound, my rig goes silent. Upon pressing the same preset button a second time, I get sound like I normally would. Returning the PBC to firmware 4.5 and updating the settings, everything works as expected.

I just updated my PBC 10 to firmware 4.61. Now when pressing a preset button, after briefly having sound, my rig goes silent. Upon pressing the same preset button a second time, I get sound like I normally would. Returning the PBC to firmware 4.5 and updating the settings, everything works as expected.
If you'd like to send me your settings file, I can investigate. It could be a bug in 4.6.1, but I've also seen cases where a bug in 4.5 was inadvertently allowing something to work, but the bug was fixed in 4.6, making it stop working.

If you'd like to send me your settings file, I can investigate. It could be a bug in 4.6.1, but I've also seen cases where a bug in 4.5 was inadvertently allowing something to work, but the bug was fixed in 4.6, making it stop working.
Thanks for the quick reply. Here are the 2 files

Attachments

• Greg 4.5.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • Greg 4.61.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
At long last, here's the 4.6.0 release...

EDIT: Now updated to 4.6.1, details below.

FEATURES:
(...)
  • Added CCs for remote bank up and bank down functions

Hi Ron,

Is there any chance that we can have the option to "Jump" to a specific bank?

I just tested the new "CC remote Bank Up and Bank Down" commands, but it just jumps to the very first preset in that selected bank, as opposed to the behavior of changing banks using the internal PBC Buttons, whereas the bank change is followed by a SCROLL proccess and the successive flashing of presets 1 to 5 before we even select one.

The new CC command doesn't start the scrolling (sequential flashing) of the presets in the new bank. And it is still limited to a number of presses for each bank until I reach the desired one.

My idea here is to have a page in my PBC called BANKS where each of the buttons is assigned do a specific bank (1-10). From there I could jump to a selected bank and then wait for the scrolling of buttons 1-5 so that I can have a previous visualization of the presets contained in that bank before choosing one specifically.

This way I can avoid so much tapdancing (jumping from BANK 1 to BANK 8 involves 7 presses in the "bank up" button).

So, my questions here are:

1) Woudn't it be nice to have a specific "Jump to BANK" behavior where the bank is changed just like having multiple presses in the BANK UP or BANK DOWN buttons? (ex. Jump from BANK 1 to BANK 8, or from BANK 10 to BANK 2).

2) Is there any way to start the bank scrolling so that we can visualize all the presets from that "Jumped Into" BANK before effectivelly loading any one of them? Maybe a separate CC or "System" command to start scrolling the presets in the new bank.

Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited:
Started uploading the new firmware on my PBC10. I haven't updated for awhile. I think I was on version 4.2 or 4.3. Right now it's just scrolling through this text and it's been doing that for about 10 or 15 minutes. I'm using a flash drive. I've posted a picture and a video of it. Is this the normal upload process? I don't remember it being like this.

Attachments

• tempImageKnaUbF.png
    tempImageKnaUbF.png
    15.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1879.MOV
    9.6 MB
No, that doesn't look right at all. I recommend reformatting your flash drive, copying the file back on and trying again.

If you can, use the PBC to format the flash drive using the System Functions / Format Drive menu option. That will make sure it has the right format.

No, that doesn't look right at all. I recommend reformatting your flash drive, copying the file back on and trying again.

If you can, use the PBC to format the flash drive using the System Functions / Format Drive menu option. That will make sure it has the right format.
Thanks. I held down the 1 and 3 buttons while turning on the PBC and uploaded the firmware from that screen and it worked. Thanks, again.

Any chance the Jet Pedals will join the list for midi devices? I have the LION and thinking of getting the LAMB.
Please let me know.

Any chance the Jet Pedals will join the list for midi devices? I have the LION and thinking of getting the LAMB.
Please let me know.
This is the first I've heard of them, but I'll look into it!

Hey I’m on 4.6.2 and having trouble with my Jackson Audio Golden Boy not responding to all midi CC commands. It doesn’t seem to be very consistent, sometimes it won’t change to the right clipping diode, sometimes it will. Likewise with gain cycle. I reached out to Jackson audio and replaced the pedal, and the issue persists. Any thoughts?

Hey I’m on 4.6.2 and having trouble with my Jackson Audio Golden Boy not responding to all midi CC commands. It doesn’t seem to be very consistent, sometimes it won’t change to the right clipping diode, sometimes it will. Likewise with gain cycle. I reached out to Jackson audio and replaced the pedal, and the issue persists. Any thoughts?
How many devices are in your MIDI chain, and is the Golden Boy far down that chain? If that's the case, try plugging whatever MIDI box you have directly into the PBC's MIDI output and see if the situation improves.

How many devices are in your MIDI chain, and is the Golden Boy far down that chain? If that's the case, try plugging whatever MIDI box you have directly into the PBC's MIDI output and see if the situation improves.
Interesting, if I’m not mistaken my MIDI box is first in my chain. I will have to double check when I’m back in my studio this evening. What’s interesting is, all of my buttons that I use to actually manually program and change settings on the golden boy still work fine at all times. But it’s specifically when recalling presets that it is having trouble. Sometimes not recalling the right gain cycle setting, or the right clipping diodes. I’ve got some free time tonight and I’ll dig further into it, might try putting the GB on a different port of my Midi box and see if that helps anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back