MASTERMIND PBC 4.6.3 FIRMWARE / 4.6.1 EDITOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, thank you. Audio loops naming is great feature. Would it be possible to implement something like this for macros? I use them a lot and when creating a preset I constantly have to switch to macros tabs to find out the number of the macro I want to use.

If, when editing a System / Macro action, you click the "..." button next to the Off Macro or On Macro settings, it will bring up a list of all macros and their names.

In my setup I have "Nova Boost1" and "Nova Boost2" on the external switches on Button page 4 and 5. - This way, the grouping don't work.
However, if I copy the same two buttons to Button1 and Button2 on Button page 10, they all work as they should on all button pages?
My settings file attached.

Attachments

• PBC FW460 Mar2021 Rivera.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
Hi Ron, I'm getting the message "Timed Out Waiting for Device" when I try to update with the editor. What can I do about this? It's currently stuck on "Bootloader 2.0".

Thanks!

edit: I have a PBC6X :)
edit again: Ok so I reinstalled the 4.5 editor then managed to update firmware successfully from there, then re-updated the editor to 4.6 again and we're all good.

Last edited:
Hi Ron, I'm getting the message "Timed Out Waiting for Device" when I try to update with the editor. What can I do about this? It's currently stuck on "Bootloader 2.0".

Thanks!

edit: I have a PBC6X :)
edit again: Ok so I reinstalled the 4.5 editor then managed to update firmware successfully from there, then re-updated the editor to 4.6 again and we're all good.
That's weird. If anyone else sees thsi, please let me know. The firmware update code didn't change in 4.6.0, so I'm not sure what would cause that.

That's weird. If anyone else sees thsi, please let me know. The firmware update code didn't change in 4.6.0, so I'm not sure what would cause that.
Same thing happened to me, and I solved it in more or less the same fashion.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I specifically noted that the error always appeared on the Editor before on the PBC. Maybe the editor isn't giving the PBC enough time to prepare for the update before timing out?

Last edited:
Same here. I tried to update my pbc 10 via the editor on a Mac and got the same message. On the pbc it said something like ‘update cancelled’ I powered down the pbc, but when I powered it back on, it said update via USB, so I did that and it worked fine.

OK, I can confirm that problem, will be fixed in 4.6.1
Thanks Ron. In my search for this problem, I found that system report does not take the external switches into account? - By the way - great feature with the new search function :)

Thanks Ron. In my search for this problem, I found that system report does not take the external switches into account? - By the way - great feature with the new search function :)

Yeah, that was a gift to myself, really. I got tired of copy and pasting the report into a text editor to search it. I'm glad others found it useful too!

I'll look into the system report issue and the firmware upgrade issue.

Yeah, that was a gift to myself, really. I got tired of copy and pasting the report into a text editor to search it. I'm glad others found it useful too!

I'll look into the system report issue and the firmware upgrade issue.
In my attempt to get the desired functionality, I think I actually found one more bug. I have put the functionality down into one button with IA cycle ticket on. When this button is on an external switch, the "color" does not work in the third cycle step. You can see this bug on page 4, where I have put the same function on button 5 and on external switch 2. In the third cycle the external switch shows no color.

Attachments

• PBC FW460 Mar2021 Rivera.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Once again, thank you. Audio loops naming is great feature. Would it be possible to implement something like this for macros? I use them a lot and when creating a preset I constantly have to switch to macros tabs to find out the number of the macro I want to use.
Me too! :)

If, when editing a System / Macro action, you click the "..." button next to the Off Macro or On Macro settings, it will bring up a list of all macros and their names.
Yes it's very cool, but it would be interesting to read them in Preset Action... otherwise that aside very very happy with the Mastermind

Just had a scary 30minutes trying to update my 6x. I too got the "Unknown state in sysex transmit" after the update, when trying to save changes. I then imported my settings saved with 4.5, which it asked to convert to 4.6. which it seemed to do just fine. After that the PBC got kind of stuck, even after a power cycle. Pressing a button didn't do much (sometimes it quickly flashed to the on color, then back to off) so I tried flashing 4.6 again, this time leaving me with a "no preset" message after booting and unable to do anything.
So I downgraded to 4.5 which did a factory reset and now all is ok.

For those of you running into this issue, please try this:

Power up the PBC while holding the 1 and 3 button. This should bring you to the Mastermind Bootloader screen. Then, run the firmware update from the editor. I'm not certain that this will help but I'm hopeful it will.

For those of you running into this issue, please try this:

Power up the PBC while holding the 1 and 3 button. This should bring you to the Mastermind Bootloader screen. Then, run the firmware update from the editor. I'm not certain that this will help but I'm hopeful it will.
Yes and flashing to a lower firmware version than currently installed automatically does a factory reset if you can’t do it from the menu.

Hi Ron, followed your instruction but after putting the Flash Drive in, nothing changed on the Display. What is the matter? Best Martin

Hi Ron, followed your instruction but after putting the Flash Drive in, nothing changed on the Display. What is the matter? Best Martin
Make sure the drive is formatted correctly before copying the file onto it. You can do this from the System Functions menu. If that doesn't help, then you'll need to try another flash drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back