MASTERMIND PBC 5.0.1 FIRMWARE/EDITOR

Another strange bug; I use Auto Tap to control the tempo on my Echoplex pedal, and I've noticed that since 5.0.1, the [1] box on the display shows that the FN1 behavior is latching rather than momentary. I've confirmed in the editor that the FN1 MOM checkbox is selected, but when I switch presets, the 3 Auto Taps seem to be switching between open and closed 3 times, rather than sending 3 pulses.

Let me know if a settings file would help track this issue down, as well as the preceding mystery issue with my Song being overridden.

I don't know what to say about the song issue. If it was a one time thing, it's pretty much impossible to track down. When was the last time you knew for sure that song 3 was correct?

For the other issue, please send your settings.

I'll report back if it happens again, so far I haven't experienced it since Sunday.

Here are my settings:

Any thoughts on this issue with the Auto Tap Macro leaving the FN Switch stuck in the On position?

I think I have asked this once but if I remember right didn't an answer. I have the PBC10 and 6, but when I use the Editor I have to disconnect the USB Connection of one unit in order to be able to edit the other unit. If I want to Edit the PBC10 the PBC6 has to be disconnected and vice versa. In the Mac Audio Midi Manager I have given both devices different names. By default the appear under the same name which I think is not good. After giving different names to both devices it was pretty easy to send for example Program Changes with Gig Performer to both devices at the same time. It is just a pity that the Editor doesn't seem to work equally easy with both units. So just for clarification. Am I doing something wrong or is it really only possible to use Editor only the way I have described. If this is the case this should be changed. Maybe you should just provide specific Editors for the PBC10 and the 6. This would be one solution. And the icing on the cake would be to have in the future a real time editor, so that changes you make in the editor immediately are visible and active on the PCB10 and 6. Many editors can do this and for me it was also as much as I like your products a further argument to order the Morningstar MC6 Pro because it has a realtime web editor.

I think I have asked this once but if I remember right didn't an answer. I have the PBC10 and 6, but when I use the Editor I have to disconnect the USB Connection of one unit in order to be able to edit the other unit. If I want to Edit the PBC10 the PBC6 has to be disconnected and vice versa. In the Mac Audio Midi Manager I have given both devices different names. By default the appear under the same name which I think is not good. After giving different names to both devices it was pretty easy to send for example Program Changes with Gig Performer to both devices at the same time. It is just a pity that the Editor doesn't seem to work equally easy with both units. So just for clarification. Am I doing something wrong or is it really only possible to use Editor only the way I have described. If this is the case this should be changed. Maybe you should just provide specific Editors for the PBC10 and the 6. This would be one solution. And the icing on the cake would be to have in the future a real time editor, so that changes you make in the editor immediately are visible and active on the PCB10 and 6. Many editors can do this and for me it was also as much as I like your products a further argument to order the Morningstar MC6 Pro because it has a realtime web editor.
Sorry, at this time you can only edit one device at a time, there's no way around it at the moment.

Realtime editing is problematic, because there are so many relationships between things. For example, moving a button from one location to the other requires every preset to change, so not only the buttons, but all 768 presets need to be transferred to the Mastermind. This will take a while, maybe 20-30 seconds, to transfer them all. If you had to do a few of these in a row, it would quickly get irritating if the transfers happened automatically. By making your changes, then transferring everything at once, it'll still take the same amount of time no matter how many buttons have moved.

I'm trying to update to the latest firmware, but my pcb6x won't talk to my computer. "no device found" I have tried several cables and both my editor are currently on 4.6.1. Is there another way of updating? also, does the editor work on Mac silicon?

I'm trying to update to the latest firmware, but my pcb6x won't talk to my computer. "no device found" I have tried several cables and both my editor are currently on 4.6.1. Is there another way of updating? also, does the editor work on Mac silicon?
I recommend these steps:

- Download the latest editor (5.0.1) (it does work on Apple Silicon)
- Download the latest firmware (5.0.1)
- Run the editor, and go to the Transfer menu and select Firmware Update
- If Mastermind PBC doesn't appear in the MIDI Input and MIDI Output boxes, make sure the PBC is connected and power up. Select Rescan MIDI Ports.
- Press Select... and select the firmware file you downloaded
- Press Start

That should update your PBC to 5.0.1, and hopefully the editor and PBC will communicate at that point.

Haven’t updated my firmware in a while. Is there a change log page listing every version so I can see what I’ve missed?

Haven’t updated my firmware in a while. Is there a change log page listing every version so I can see what I’ve missed?
Unfortunately not all on one page, but if you search this forum for Mastermind Firmware, everything is posted here.

Unfortunately not all on one page, but if you search this forum for Mastermind Firmware, everything is posted here.
Something I was thinking about which would be a good place for something like a change log is that it would be helpful to have a community wiki for the RJM products. There’s a ton of info on here that probably gets asked a dozen times. Just something to consider. I know understand that maintaining the whole wiki would be an extra burden on your staff, but many of your users would be happy to contribute.

Something I was thinking about which would be a good place for something like a change log is that it would be helpful to have a community wiki for the RJM products. There’s a ton of info on here that probably gets asked a dozen times. Just something to consider. I know understand that maintaining the whole wiki would be an extra burden on your staff, but many of your users would be happy to contribute.
I've started to assemble a consolidated version log from the information here on the forum:

I'm only back to 4.9.0 (Summer 2022), but will add more when I have some time.

Back