MASTERMIND PBC 5.0.1 FIRMWARE/EDITOR

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE 3/22/2023: 5.0.1 now released, see below

I've just uploaded version 5.0. This sounds like a big deal, but it's actually a minor release. I ran out of single digit minor release numbers, so I had to move up to 5.0.0 to keep my numbering scheme intact. Sorry for any disappointment for anyone looking for major improvements!

FEATURES:
  • New device support:
    • Eventide H90
    • Jet Lamb, Lion and Revelation
    • Kernom Ridge
    • Meris LVX
  • Added Wrap Banks setting which, when enabled, allows Bank Up / Bank Down to wrap around from the first bank or song to the last bank or song. (Or vice-versa). Keeping this setting turned off works as it did in the past, where you can't Bank Up past the last bank/song or Bank Down past the first bank/song.
  • Changed how special text is appended to buttons (PC number in Device PC -/+ buttons, effect block types in Kemper, etc.) Now, special text is given priority so that it can't get cut off if your button name is too long.
  • Fixed a bug that caused IA Cycle buttons with CC Momentary actions to malfunction
  • Added some sanity checking and protection code to MIDI bank handling
CHANGES IN 5.0.1:
  • Fixed a bug that could cause audio problems when both inputs are disabled on a PBC/6X
  • Fixed the CC list for Eventide H90
  • Fixed default tap tempo CCs for some Strymon pedals
  • Enabled scrolling with up/down arrows in the Mastermind editor song and setlist lists
  • Extra data (device PC info, KPA effect names) is now stripped from button names before transferring to the editor
  • IA Store now stores tempo correctly in the current song or preset based on the current settings
  • Show Tempo no longer interferes with bank selection
  • Fixed some weird interactions between bank selection, alternate presets and page changes

TO UPDATE FIRMWARE:

PLEASE DON'T DO A MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE RIGHT BEFORE YOUR BIG GIG!

- First, back up your settings to a flash drive or computer! If you go back to 4.7 or earlier, your Mastermind will factory reset.
- Download and unzip the firmware file.
- Copy the file to a USB flash drive, and remove any other .rjf files from the flash drive.
- Eject the drive from your computer.
- Power on the Mastermind while holding the 1 and 3 buttons.
- Keep holding until you see "Mastermind Bootloader" appear on the screen.
- Now plug the flash drive into your Mastermind. The update should begin and will take a few minutes to complete.

-OR-

- First, back up your settings to a flash drive or computer! If you go back to 4.7 or earlier, your Mastermind will factory reset.
- Download and unzip the firmware file.
- Use the editor's Transfer / Update Firmware menu option to update the Mastermind. This works with the PBC/6X and PBC/10s made after March 2019.

Firmware: https://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/PBC/MM501.zip

Mac Editor: https://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/PBC/MastermindEditor-5.0.1.dmg
PC Editor: https://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/PBC/MastermindEditor-5.0.1.zip

PBC/6X Manual: https://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/PBC6X/PBC6X Manual-4.3.pdf
PBC/10 Manual: https://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/PBC/PBC Manual-4.2.pdf

Last edited:
Yeah! Time to update my PBC6x, especially since I have an H90.
I would love device support for the Strymon Cloudburst too.

Just did the update on my PBC10, because I went from an H9 to an H90.
H90, recognized, all good. FTT Future Factory worked with my old software version & now won't recognize it, can't send changes through midi.
I have tried everything I can think of. Going midi into the H90 midi out to FTT. Tried midi directly from PBC10 to FTT.
I am sure it's something in my setup but can't figure it out.

Just did the update on my PBC10, because I went from an H9 to an H90.
H90, recognized, all good. FTT Future Factory worked with my old software version & now won't recognize it, can't send changes through midi.
I have tried everything I can think of. Going midi into the H90 midi out to FTT. Tried midi directly from PBC10 to FTT.
I am sure it's something in my setup but can't figure it out.
If you can send me your settings file, I can have a look at it.

Running into issues with startup macros - I'm trying to activate the tuner on startup to stop the buzzing sound!

Running into issues with startup macros - I'm trying to activate the tuner on startup to stop the buzzing sound!
Set up a preset that turns on the tuner, then use the startup macro to recall that preset. That may make it work better.

I'd like to request for the singular sound loop studio to be added in device support, plus...

Strymon cloudburst

chase bliss gen loss mk2

chase bliss mood mk2.

THANKS!!

I have the Strymon Iridium setup with PBC/6X and use an expression pedal (Dunlop MiniX) to control the volume on the Iridium. Following the update from 4.9.1 to 5.0.0 or 5.0.1 if the Max Value is greater than 123 the volume is muted. I previously had this set to max value 127 with 4.9.1 and worked as expected (toe all the way down = max volume). Reverting back to 4.9.1 and it operates as expected.
Is there a new setting I need to change or just scale back max value to 123?

T
I have the Strymon Iridium setup with PBC/6X and use an expression pedal (Dunlop MiniX) to control the volume on the Iridium. Following the update from 4.9.1 to 5.0.0 or 5.0.1 if the Max Value is greater than 123 the volume is muted. I previously had this set to max value 127 with 4.9.1 and worked as expected (toe all the way down = max volume). Reverting back to 4.9.1 and it operates as expected.
Is there a new setting I need to change or just scale back max value to 123?
This is the first that I’ve heard of this. All I can say is that it’s not intentional. I’ll have to look into it.

Just had a very unusual issue that I assume was a bug, as I’ve never experienced it before 5.0.1 and I’m still not sure what caused it.

At some point during rehearsal this morning, my Song 3 was overwritten by Song 4. Not just in the Setlist: in the Song list! Had to recreate the song on the fly. All the presets were still there; but the Song itself was copied over in the Song list and that affected my Setlist as well.

Another strange bug; I use Auto Tap to control the tempo on my Echoplex pedal, and I've noticed that since 5.0.1, the [1] box on the display shows that the FN1 behavior is latching rather than momentary. I've confirmed in the editor that the FN1 MOM checkbox is selected, but when I switch presets, the 3 Auto Taps seem to be switching between open and closed 3 times, rather than sending 3 pulses.

Let me know if a settings file would help track this issue down, as well as the preceding mystery issue with my Song being overridden.

Another strange bug; I use Auto Tap to control the tempo on my Echoplex pedal, and I've noticed that since 5.0.1, the [1] box on the display shows that the FN1 behavior is latching rather than momentary. I've confirmed in the editor that the FN1 MOM checkbox is selected, but when I switch presets, the 3 Auto Taps seem to be switching between open and closed 3 times, rather than sending 3 pulses.

Let me know if a settings file would help track this issue down, as well as the preceding mystery issue with my Song being overridden.
I don't know what to say about the song issue. If it was a one time thing, it's pretty much impossible to track down. When was the last time you knew for sure that song 3 was correct?

For the other issue, please send your settings.

I don't know what to say about the song issue. If it was a one time thing, it's pretty much impossible to track down. When was the last time you knew for sure that song 3 was correct?

For the other issue, please send your settings.

I'll report back if it happens again, so far I haven't experienced it since Sunday.

Here are my settings:

Attachments

• zach_selindh_pbc_settings_5-17-23.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
It's not a continuous change log, I'm sorry to say. But all of the releases are listed here, in separate posts, with changes listed.

Back