MASTERMIND PBC/6X FAQ

Just noticed it doesn’t have the other usb port that the pbc 10 has. Therefore just wondered - how do you update the firmware?

Just noticed it doesn’t have the other usb port that the pbc 10 has. Therefore just wondered - how do you update the firmware?

Firmware will be updated through the editor. This feature will also be in Mastermind PBC/10 and LT models built this month and later (on these models, you'll be able to use a flash drive or editor to do it). Older units would have to come back here to have the bootloader updated to allow firmware updates through the editor.

The 'Insert Point' can be placed anywhere in the audio chain.
Right, but I’m curious where it’s placed ‘out of the box’ (if you take loop reordering out of the picture). It looks like it’s after the 6 loops on the back, but the manual has the insert shown as a ‘+’ sign between 3 & 4 on the screen.

Last edited:
That's correct - on the rear panel, it's between loop 6 and the output jack. But in a factory reset configuration its position in the audio path ends up between loops 3 and 4.

No Click Stopper. There are no relays except for the buffer, so it's not really necessary. And, we use some tricks to do something clickstopper like when switching the buffer on and off.
I’ve just built my first board with the PBC/6X. I am getting pop and click with my Strymon Riverside Drive. The buffers on both the PBC/6X and the Riverside Drive are turned on. Any suggestions?

Weird, I'm using a Riverside here on our demo board and I don't encounter any noise. If you have an extra buffer, connect it between the Riverside output and loop return. Also try it in a different loop, just to see if there's any change.

The clicks have gone! The Riverside was not responding properly to MIDI messages either, but now it is. It is as if by doing all the programming (presets, MIDI configuration, boost, etc) in quick succession it was unable to immediately digest it! I powered it down, restarted it and it’s all fine. Thanks for the quick response, Ron.

Ron - I know that I asked this question when you announced the 6X, but I can't find it in the Forum(s). I now have, on the way, a new pedalboard from Goodwood with a new red (!) PCB/6X! I have had a larger board with a PBC 10 for a couple of years now, and have about 150 songs and 200+ presets programmed in the PBC 10 editor. I know you said I can import that file into the PBC/6X file, but I don't recall the specifics. I want to be sure that I don't destroy the specific setup info. - loops, pedal names, midi info. etc. - for the 6X on this new board, but just import the songs and presets and adjust as needed. The pedals are somewhat different, although there is some overlap. I am hoping there is a way I can save SOME time and not just totally duplicate all the songs and presets...
Thanks in advance for your help, I hope the above makes sense!

Ron - I know that I asked this question when you announced the 6X, but I can't find it in the Forum(s). I now have, on the way, a new pedalboard from Goodwood with a new red (!) PCB/6X! I have had a larger board with a PBC 10 for a couple of years now, and have about 150 songs and 200+ presets programmed in the PBC 10 editor. I know you said I can import that file into the PBC/6X file, but I don't recall the specifics. I want to be sure that I don't destroy the specific setup info. - loops, pedal names, midi info. etc. - for the 6X on this new board, but just import the songs and presets and adjust as needed. The pedals are somewhat different, although there is some overlap. I am hoping there is a way I can save SOME time and not just totally duplicate all the songs and presets...
Thanks in advance for your help, I hope the above makes sense!

Yes, just use the Export function in the menu. Export only songs and presets from the PBC10 file. Then, load your PBC6X settings, and load the exported file on top of it. It'll only overwrite the things you exported.

Thanks Ron! Another question about this. Is there a way to have more than one instance of the editor open, so I can see what my programming is for the PBC 10 while I am tweaking the PBC 6X? I tried but could not see a way to make that happen. If not, especially since you have the 6X out and I am sure I am not the only one with both the 6X and the 10, being able to look at both at the same time would be great; I want to be able to easily go back and forth and as I get deeper into my 6X programming, be able to set up songs and presets and song lists on the 10 and quickly tweak same for the 6X.
Thank you!

Thanks Ron! Another question about this. Is there a way to have more than one instance of the editor open, so I can see what my programming is for the PBC 10 while I am tweaking the PBC 6X? I tried but could not see a way to make that happen. If not, especially since you have the 6X out and I am sure I am not the only one with both the 6X and the 10, being able to look at both at the same time would be great; I want to be able to easily go back and forth and as I get deeper into my 6X programming, be able to set up songs and presets and song lists on the 10 and quickly tweak same for the 6X.
Thank you!

Sorry, at this time it's not possible.

Sorry, at this time it's not possible.
Bummer. I hope it's something you are thinking about. I have no idea what the programming might be, not sure how it's different than opening up multiple instances of say, Word, or Excel... Thanks for your usual responsiveness Ron! It's part of what differentiates your products!

Hello
first, Happy New Year everyone!

One simple guestion.

What is the maximum input signal amplitude ? with and without buffer?

thanks for reply!
best regards

Hello
first, Happy New Year everyone!

One simple guestion.

What is the maximum input signal amplitude ? with and without buffer?

thanks for reply!
best regards

I'm not sure what the limit is exactly, but +/- 9V would be no problem, and it could be a volt or two higher than that before clipping.

Back