MASTERMIND PBC FIRMWARE 4.0.11 / EDITOR 4.0.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ron,

I'm having issues sending tempos through the function switches. All my tempos work 100% of the time though MIDI but when I send them through the function switches using auto tap, they are randomly really wrong sometimes. I don't think it's my delay pedals because I have hooked up my Timeline using MIDI (works great) and using the auto tap to the external tap on the Timeline (not so much). I'm trying to get the taps to work with a Diamond MLjr. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

I've only ever tried it after upgrading to version 4.0. I'm currently on 4.0.7 and I have a Macro set up: Audio / FnSwitch #1 off:OFF, on:ON. The Auto Tap on the globals page is set to 3 taps on the correct macro (0). FN Switch 1 is set to ON and Momentary is checked. All of my Auto Tap Divisions and MIDI Clk Divisions are set to Quarter Notes. I have been putting off posting this issue because it's so strange but I just cannot figure it out.

Thanks

Hey Ron,

I'm having issues sending tempos through the function switches. All my tempos work 100% of the time though MIDI but when I send them through the function switches using auto tap, they are randomly really wrong sometimes. I don't think it's my delay pedals because I have hooked up my Timeline using MIDI (works great) and using the auto tap to the external tap on the Timeline (not so much). I'm trying to get the taps to work with a Diamond MLjr. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

I've only ever tried it after upgrading to version 4.0. I'm currently on 4.0.7 and I have a Macro set up: Audio / FnSwitch #1 off:OFF, on:ON. The Auto Tap on the globals page is set to 3 taps on the correct macro (0). FN Switch 1 is set to ON and Momentary is checked. All of my Auto Tap Divisions and MIDI Clk Divisions are set to Quarter Notes. I have been putting off posting this issue because it's so strange but I just cannot figure it out.

Thanks

I can't help directly, but I think you should upgrade to 4.0.8. Not sure that it addresses your issue, but it does fix MIDI clock issues during preset changes and even though you're talking about AutoTAP, I'm wondering if they aren't still related. Might as well give it a try....

Hey Ron,

Thanks

What pedal(s) are you sending taps to? Are you sure that your function switch settings are correct for that pedal? You say that "FN Switch 1 is set to ON" - it almost certainly shouldn't be.

What pedal(s) are you sending taps to? Are you sure that your function switch settings are correct for that pedal? You say that "FN Switch 1 is set to ON" - it almost certainly shouldn't be.

I just tried 4.0.8, no luck.

To be honest, I don't know if the settings are correct. I'm trying to learn as I go so you'll have to forgive my ignorance.

I'm sending Midi to a Timeline and Mobius and they are always correct. I'm only trying to send auto taps to a Diamond Memory Lane Jr using the Function switch 1/2 jack.

I thought that FN switch 1 (on the global page) should be set to on and locked because that is what I am using to send my tempos? So you're saying that should be off? I just turned it off, but it didn't help.

I just tried 4.0.8, no luck.

To be honest, I don't know if the settings are correct. I'm trying to learn as I go so you'll have to forgive my ignorance.

I'm sending Midi to a Timeline and Mobius and they are always correct. I'm only trying to send auto taps to a Diamond Memory Lane Jr using the Function switch 1/2 jack.

I thought that FN switch 1 (on the global page) should be set to on and locked because that is what I am using to send my tempos? So you're saying that should be off? I just turned it off, but it didn't help.

Locking the switch on should prevent it from turning off, ever. I'm surprised that the tap tempo did anything at all, that's probably a bug. The function switch needs to be able to turn on and off in order to send tap pulses to the pedal.

I only have the pedal's manual to go on, but the settings I would recommend are:
Unlocked, Off
Inv OFF
Mom ON
On Only OFF

If that doesn't work, then try it with Inv ON. If that also doesn't work, turn Inv OFF once again, and increase the momentary time to 200 msec. Also try increasing number of taps to 4 or 5.

I seem to be having trouble in all areas. Now I’m trying to update the latest firmware 409. I downloaded to usb in un zipped format. Deleted all other files. Went to set up new firmware, hit selection.message states please select a usable file. So, it’s not reading it or the download failed. I open on computer, seems to be on usb. My computer will not open the file I guess because it is rjm. Idk

4.0.10 now available, which widens the range of the Contrast parameter. New displays we're using are darker and need a lower contrast setting than previously available.

Ron,

Thanks for the contrast fix.
Just got back from my trip and will upload it this week.

Happy Sunday.
Mike

4.0.11 just released. If you use tap tempo on an external switch, you should install this one. It doesn't affect anything else, though.

I just updated my firmware to 4.0.11 and my editor software to 4.0.7. My MacBook Pro is running 10.9.5. Everything on the PBC is working fine but when I open the editor, the Global tab is open like normal, but only top level menu I have is MastermindEditor. I have to either go to another program and back or click the MastermindEditor>Preferences>Cancel in order to see the remaining top level menus (File, Edit, View, Transfer).

Once those menu items are loaded, I click File>Open Recent...and select my last PBC file. It tells me that the settings file is an older version and asks me if I'd like to convert to the current version. If I say no, the program shuts down. If I restart and say yes, the file opens up on the Global tab with all of my settings showing correctly. When I click the Devices tab, again, everything appears correctly. When I click the Buttons tab, the screen does not change. When I click any other tab, the screen goes black below the tab area.

Is anyone else having this problem or can RJM please tell me how to fix it?

Thanks,
B

I just updated my firmware to 4.0.11 and my editor software to 4.0.7. My MacBook Pro is running 10.9.5. Everything on the PBC is working fine but when I open the editor, the Global tab is open like normal, but only top level menu I have is MastermindEditor. I have to either go to another program and back or click the MastermindEditor>Preferences>Cancel in order to see the remaining top level menus (File, Edit, View, Transfer).

Once those menu items are loaded, I click File>Open Recent...and select my last PBC file. It tells me that the settings file is an older version and asks me if I'd like to convert to the current version. If I say no, the program shuts down. If I restart and say yes, the file opens up on the Global tab with all of my settings showing correctly. When I click the Devices tab, again, everything appears correctly. When I click the Buttons tab, the screen does not change. When I click any other tab, the screen goes black below the tab area.

Is anyone else having this problem or can RJM please tell me how to fix it?

Thanks,
B

My best guess is that this is due to the old OS X version... We don't have a system running 10.9.x here, but I'll see what I can do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back