MASTERMIND PBC FIRMWARE / EDITOR 4.5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was just a typo:p
I did some research on the internet yesterday. My iMac is from 2015 and doesn't have an SSL hard drive. I'm not doing an update for now. Thank you

Jumping in here, any chance of Strymon Nightsky Support or will I have to build the device from Scratch? Just picked this up and looking forward to building it into some presets soon!

When I can finally work on firmware 4.6 (hopefully soon), that will have Nightsky support. For now, it will need to be set up as a generic device.

If you have the time and inclination to work out an idea, it would be helpful for sure. One thing I'm pretty sure about is making Setlists/Songs/Presets a hierarchical list instead of having them on separate tabs. It seems like managing everything would be easier.
Does a hierarchical relationship imply that a preset can be associated with only one song?

Does a hierarchical relationship imply that a preset can be associated with only one song?
I wouldn't have the software enforce that. A lot of people use it that way, and it might be the default, but there would still be the option to reuse songs across presets. How it works under the hood probably wouldn't change, I would only change how the information is presented to the user.

Maybe it could be similar to the way it is handled by the music notation program Dorico. There you have instruments, flows (a piece of music) and layouts. If you click on an instrument, you get checkboxes to put in or out of flows and layouts etc. Same works if you click a flow or a layout.
It's three categories (like Setlist, Songs and Presets). If you click something in one categorie, you instantly see what it is connected to in the other two categories and can change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back