Mastermind PBC Firmware/Editor 4.9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ron. I had Transcribe! set up on the Midi Port as USB. I've switched it to Midi Out, written changes and voila, no beach ball.
Only problem is, the PBC stopped controlling Transcribe. Will the PBC still be able to send Midi to Transcribe via USB if it's set to Midi Out?
I'll do some more investigation tonight, if I have time. I do have a Roland UM-1 somewhere that I can use temporarily.

Thanks also Obsidian
No, it won't send to Transcribe. You'll need to use the Roland MIDI interface for now.

Hi Ron. I updated the Editor and PBC10 to 4.9.1. I switched Transcribe! as a device back to USB midi. I've made several changes via the Editor, both Write Changes & Write Settings. No spinning beach ball so far. I can control Transcribe! via USB Midi also. This is great. Thanks for doing this. I'm in the middle of reshuffle of the board. Lots of cables to build and hopefully lay some clean cable runs. I'll be back up and running in the next few days. Will let you know if I run into any problems.

Hi Ron. I updated the Editor and PBC10 to 4.9.1. I switched Transcribe! as a device back to USB midi. I've made several changes via the Editor, both Write Changes & Write Settings. No spinning beach ball so far. I can control Transcribe! via USB Midi also. This is great. Thanks for doing this. I'm in the middle of reshuffle of the board. Lots of cables to build and hopefully lay some clean cable runs. I'll be back up and running in the next few days. Will let you know if I run into any problems.
Ok, so far so good! Thanks for letting me know.

I'm on 4.7 and having a couple of issues. Would 4.9.1 address these?
1. IA Link is randomly turning on a special page I use to recall 8 presets on my H9. I can send changes or settings to the PBC10 with IA Link off, then when I open the button to edit again, IA Link is on.
2. I'm trying to program a button on my local page to do a PC change on the H9. The same button on on the special page for the H9 works perfectly, but the same settings on the local page recall the wrong preset.

Anyone else having these issues? I'm connecting via USB-A to B from a 2021 Macbook Pro to the PBC10. My Mac is running 12.2

I'm on 4.7 and having a couple of issues. Would 4.9.1 address these?
1. IA Link is randomly turning on a special page I use to recall 8 presets on my H9. I can send changes or settings to the PBC10 with IA Link off, then when I open the button to edit again, IA Link is on.
2. I'm trying to program a button on my local page to do a PC change on the H9. The same button on on the special page for the H9 works perfectly, but the same settings on the local page recall the wrong preset.

Anyone else having these issues? I'm connecting via USB-A to B from a 2021 Macbook Pro to the PBC10. My Mac is running 12.2
I can't keep track of every bug we've had, it's best to just upgrade and see what happens. I don't know about those issues specifically, they don't sound familiar.

I can't keep track of every bug we've had, it's best to just upgrade and see what happens. I don't know about those issues specifically, they don't sound familiar.
Fair enough. I'm wondering if my current FW is corrupted and that's what's causing the weirdness.

If it is corrupted, and most likely my preset file along with it, will the new FW end up corrupted too? I really don't want to start from scratch after almost 8 years, haha.

If the firmware is corrupted in any way, the Mastermind will detect it and it will go straight into firmware update mode until new firmware is loaded. And, uploading new firmware wil overwrite old firmware completely.

I suspect an old bug first, and maybe a configuration issue second, but corruption of preset data is extremely rare and typically ends up with much more severe symptoms.

Hey Ron, any idea when we will see Meris LVX support in the editor? I just picked one up, looking forward to getting it on the board

Hey Ron, any idea when we will see Meris LVX support in the editor? I just picked one up, looking forward to getting it on the board
Whenever the next release is, and I'm not yet sure about the date. Having support is a nice to have thing, but you definitely don't need it in order to use the pedal.

Im about to update from 3.1.5 to the new, is there anything I need to do differently such as update to an interim version before the latest? Also can I expect my presets and layout to carry over without issue or should I do something to help protect or verify afterwards they are good?a

Im about to update from 3.1.5 to the new, is there anything I need to do differently such as update to an interim version before the latest? Also can I expect my presets and layout to carry over without issue or should I do something to help protect or verify afterwards they are good?a
That's a pretty big jump, but it should work without issue. I recommend keeping a backup of the 3.1.5 settings just in case, and definitely run through your settings afterwards to make sure everything looks good and works well. But, that's me being cautious, I don't know of any issues caused by an upgrade like that.

That's a pretty big jump, but it should work without issue. I recommend keeping a backup of the 3.1.5 settings just in case, and definitely run through your settings afterwards to make sure everything looks good and works well. But, that's me being cautious, I don't know of any issues caused by an upgrade like that.
Ok thanks Should I be ok to use the latest editor to backup or an older version?

Ok thanks Should I be ok to use the latest editor to backup or an older version?
You'll need to use an old editor or a flash drive to back it up. Loading the settings into a newer editor will convert the settings to a newer version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back