Mastermind - Powering Floor Pedals (Wah / Tuner)

GOLATTARI

Hello and thanks for the attention!

Is there anyway to customize the Mastermind so it can power up at least one pedal on my board (Wah 9v) or maybe 2 pedals (Wah 9v and Tuner 9v)
Additionally, if the Mastermind is being phantom powered by the Rack Gizmo, will the given power output(s) still be powering the pedal(s) above mentioned?

Very little MIDI-only footswitchers have power outputs for powering wah/tuners on the floor. It's so useful! The only one I know is the CAE (Bradshaw one), but it is very hard to find and expensive as well, so this is also a suggestion that might interest you!

I'm very interested on purchasing a system from RJM music. (Rack Gizmo and Mastermind). I'm just finishing to plan by system and making some final decisions!
Thanks again!

Not a documented feature, but if you phantom power the MasterMind via a 7-pin MIDI cable, whatever voltage you feed it is present at the power jack, so you can use it to power a pedal or two. Only problem is, if you're using a Rack Gizmo / Effect Gizmo etc, you're phantom powering it with 12V DC or 9V AC, whereas you want 9V DC for most pedals.

You could probably build a little box that contains either a suitable resistance to drop 12V DC to 9V DC, or a bridge rectifier to convert 9V AC to 9V DC, fairly simply. But I don't know of anything specific on the market that does this - Burkey make one specifically for their Flatliner, but it's a lot of money (€35)

We're not doing any customization at this time, but Martin's correct that the Mastermind will pass phantom power out of the Remote Input jack and that could be used to power effects. It would probably need to be converted to 9VDC to be useful, however.

But if the Rack Gizmo is being powered by a 9V supply and then phantom powers the Mastermind, then the Mastermind's power output on the jack will be 9V, right?

I guess the Rack Gizmo accepts bpth 12V and 9V, so I should power it with 9V to be able to do this?

Oh, nevermind, the phantom power will be 12V anyway. So I guess the better option ig getting a phantom power spli box or an DC adapter...

Back