Mastermind / Strymon Volante Trails

Hello all,

I'm a Mastermind user since 2019 and I've already received a lot of helpful tips through the forum. Thanks for that to all the creators :)

I would like my Strymon Volante to play the trails when changing presets. I have activated the trails on both the Volante and the Mastermind.
I am running the mastermind in setlist mode. Most of the time songs use preset 0 on the Volante and i just tap in the right tempo. Every time I change a preset, the Volante sends a PC command Preset 0 to the Volante so the trails are not played out.

This shouldn't be a problem if I always just used preset 0. Then I would set the PC messages to "none" and the trails would be audible. But now I want to use the lead channel for a song with another delay, preset 1.

So when I change presets, preset 1 always remains activated, since I have of course specified "None" in the preset tab as the PC message for all other presets.

Is there already a solution for this here?

Thanks a lot for your support!

In the Devices tab, turn off Send Redundant PCs for the Volante device. Then, edit your presets to send PC 0 or PC 1 as needed. The PBC will now only send PCs when switching from PC 0 to PC 1 or vice versa. If switching between two presets that both request PC 0, it will not send a PC message to the Volante.

In the Devices tab, turn off Send Redundant PCs for the Volante device. Then, edit your presets to send PC 0 or PC 1 as needed. The PBC will now only send PCs when switching from PC 0 to PC 1 or vice versa. If switching between two presets that both request PC 0, it will not send a PC message to the Volante.
Okay, I should ask earlier next time. That was easy :D

Thank you very much and have a nice day :)

Hello, I would like to ask again about the Strymon Volante. It is now the case that the Mastermind no longer calls up preset no 1 on the Volante when it is powered up. Can i change this in the settings, regardless of the preset of the mastermind?

Last edited:
Back