MEG and/or MEG X with Fuzzes

jcshirke

I'm sure this has been covered plenty of times, but my question has a little bit of a twist. I have a MEG and a MEG X. The MEG is racked and on PBC/10 loop 1. The MEG X is racked and has other drive pedals on it. I could have them switch places, though, depending on the following:

1. Is the "fuzz mode" in the MEG X the same thing as the regular, unbuffered input the the MEG has? I realize you can set fuzz mode on/off in each individual loop of the MEG X, but is the "technology" (for lack of a better term) the same?

2. I want to put a few fuzzes on my MEG. I will use the unbuffered input. But, before my signal hits the input of the MEG, it will go through a buffer inside my Switchblade ET. So, I have Guitar-->SBET Loop 1 Input, and then a SBET Loop Output connects to the main input of my PBC/10. It sounds great, but the SBET has all buffered inputs.

3. Can the MEG's (or MEG X's) "fuzz mode" offset the Switchblade ET's buffering of my guitar's signal?

If not, should I go: Guitar-->MEG-->SBET input ?

But, if I do that, then my MEG isn't on a PBC/10 loop, and I can't control it.

I'm kind of pulling my hair out over what to do. Any advice is much appreciated.

All that fuzz mode does is switch off the internal buffer when needed, so it would be the equivalent of moving the connection from the buffered in to the unbuffered in on the original Mini Effect Gizmo.

Your idea of using the buffered input, then putting the fuzzes before an external buffer, seems like the best way to go. The MEG doesn't need to be in a PBC loop to control it, it can switch its own loops by sending it MIDI commands.

Thank you. I think I will run my guitar into the MEG first (unbuffered) and go out from there into the SB. I don't know why I had it in my head that the MEG had to be on a PBC loop. Of course--all it needs is for the PBC to be able to send MIDI info to it (smacks forehead). Thanks!

Back