MEG Problem?

cgscotto

One of the two MEGs I have started to act weird. The weird acting MEG is between guitar and amp input. I started getting popping sounds when switching loops. I am using the CS and the buffer. It had never done this before. All of a sudden the popping stopped and I thought everything was OK. However, I noticed that the popping stopped because the MEG was no longer switching loops. I am using an Mastermind LT to switch loops on the MEG. I checked everything related to midi and all is good; midi thru function works, etc. The loops work if I switch them manually. Could the popping have been related to whatever mechanism receives the midi message and switches the loop? I am really at a loss as to why I no longer hear the pops and now it does not switch loops. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: I tried another Mastermind LT with the MEG, and the loops switched, so it must be a problem with the other LT. I will update after investigating further.

UPDATE 2: OK, problem solved. I had inadvertently unchecked "update on preset change" on the MEGs button page for one of the loops, so, of course, when I changed presets the MEG did not react. The popping is gone, but I think that was cause by the piece of gear using the loop. I have a HX Effects in the four cable method split between the two MEGS in the loop that I had unchecked "update on preset change." I think one loop on and one off cause popping. Anyway, all is back to normal. Sorry for the panicked post.

Last edited:
Back