MEG X - 2 chains via split point with mono / stereo

Hello again!

Migrating from the BOSS ES-8, I'm using a MEG X as a switcher for a rather strange live setup for my band. I play both guitar and saxophone and need to be able to keep discrete paths to ensure that the delay and reverb trails always carry over to the appropriate output, regardless of which instrument I'm playing. Coming from a similar setup with the ES-8, I'm used to creative patch design and MIDI commands so that the appropriate inputs get blocked when needed.

With the MEG X, I'm hoping to use the first loop (SND/RTN 1) as both a guitar output and saxophone input, and have separate effects on either end of Loop 1 (the split point), which I would move around depending on which effects I want for each instrument. What I'm wondering is: because the saxophone input would be mono, will a stereo send (for guitar output) and mono return (for sax input) on the same loop cause any issues with stereo effects on either end of the split point? On the MEG X software editor, there are separate checkboxes for "Stereo Send" and "Stereo Return", so I'm hoping that leaving the "Stereo Return" unchecked would do the trick.

Here's an example of a patch:

GTR >>> Input (IN, mono) >>> Deco (SND/RTN2, stereo) >>> Volante (SND/RTN 4, stereo) >>> Nightsky (SND/RTN5, stereo) >>> Output (SND1, stereo)

>>>

SAX >>> (RTN1, mono) >>> Dusk (SND/RTN6, split mono) >>> H9 (SND/RTN3, stereo) >>> Output (OUT, stereo)

and here's a diagram of the MEG X audio connections in my rig:

MEGX (1).jpg

Thanks for all your help :)

Lloyd

Back