MEGX and Stereo

neilvg

I know this might have been answered before but I can't find it.

I just expanded my PBC/10 with a MEGX. I noticed that on the MEGX, stereo seems to be handled differently in that it is enabled with a mode change on powerup instead of pressing a button on the back like the PBC/10. I noticed that when I did this with my rig, the MEGX would lower my volume a bit when I engaged a loop. So my PBC connects its output to the MEGX for what will be more stereo expansion. I am currently running a mono rig, but I have it wired for stereo. On my PBC there is no problem, but with the MEGX, and loops I activate get quieter. I ended up doing a factory reset and it was back to normal - and mono mode.

Any suggestions? Or am I just doing something wrong?

Best,
Neil

You need to make sure that Stereo output is turned off when using a mono system. Mix to mono should be ok in either position, but it would be helpful to test both settings if the stereo output setting was already turned off.

My system is stereo - but just running to mono channel of my amp right now (1 side). Hmm.. I dont get why there'd be a volume drop only when engaging a loop on the MGX (not PBC)...

But, are you plugging a mono cable into the MEGX output? On a MEGX, the settings always have to match the types of cables being used. Otherwise, you're creating problems like shorts to ground, which will result in partial or total level loss.

Ahh... see this is where it is different from the PBC. Just realized the outputs on the MEGX are TRS for stereo - so yes, I do have a mono cable plugged into the output.

Back