MEGX & MMGT16 - H9 commands aren't working as assigned MMGT editor

Big Lid

Noob alert:
I've watched The Mastering the Mastermind videos several times but am having trouble getting the mmgt16 to send the correct midi pc's to bring up presets on the H9. The H9 is changing presets, just not the same ones that I have commands for in the editor. (example: my "Verse" preset shows PC#17 (which is a delay on H9) under Preset/Preset Actions within the MMGT editor but when I press the preset on the MMGT it brings up (H9 preset 2 which is a reverb) This is happening w/ several of my other presets

Also, where's the audio tab w/in the preset page on the MMGT editor? It's discussed on the Dec 2020 video, however, it's not listed; am I supposed to use the MEGX editor for that feature?

Generally, this sort of thing happens due to a conflict. For example, if you have an IA button that's programmed to send PC#2 and it has Send on Preset Change turned on, it will send PC#2 every time you change presets, regardless of whether you're on that button's page or not. Searching for unexpected messages like that will probably uncover the problem.

There's no audio tab in the GT editor, because the GT has no audio hardware built in. There is a MEGX Editor, and that allows you to set up loop order, mono/stereo configuration and the like. For programming loops on and off, I recommend creating IA buttons on your GT, one for each MEGX loop, and have Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned on for those buttons. Then, you can use the Presets tab of the editor to program which of those buttons automatically turn on for each preset, activating the loops on the MEGX.

The MMGT is changing the H9 presets based upon what order the MMGT presets are in. I've tried assigning preset actions H9 / PC on:15 but it still goes to the 3rd preset in the H9
Clean = H9 preset 1
Verse = H9 preset 2
Dirt = H9 preset 3 , etc.....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 4.07.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 4.07.01 PM.png
    69.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 4.10.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 4.10.02 PM.png
    109 KB · Views: 3
Check your MIDI channel settings - maybe the H9 is on the same channel as the MEGX (which is set up to recall its 3rd preset in the photo you posted)

Similar problem just occurred, H9 isn't changing presets when I select presets on MMGT, it's stuck on the same patch. All devices are on different channels in MMGT and the coinciding pedals

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 10.47.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 10.47.36 PM.png
    139 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 10.46.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 10.46.50 PM.png
    140.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 10.46.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 10.46.12 PM.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Do you have any IA buttons that are set up to send PC messages to the H9? If so, make sure that they have Send on preset change turned off so that they don't try to send when you change presets.

I've turned them all off but still not changing the H9, could it have something to do w/ the MEG X PC Messages? They're different on all the presets, I've even unchecked the box but it doesn't seem to have any affect on this issue.

The setup is
MEGX -midi out->Overture (midi in)
Overture (midi out) -> H9 (midi in)
H9 (midi out) -> TC Helicon Voicelive Rack (midi in)

MEGX channel 1
MMGT channel 2
H9 channel 3
TC Helicon channel 4
Overture channel 5

Bank Types are No Banks on all devices
Send redundant PC's checked yes on all devices

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 12.50.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 12.50.05 PM.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 0
As long as the H9 itself is set to channel 3, then the messages sent to the MEGX or any other device won't affect it. Is the Voicelive switching presets correctly?

Try connecting the H9 directly to the GT's MIDI output and see if it changes correctly. Then try connecting the Voicelive directly to the PC and see if that changes successfully.

Back