MEGX: Re-ordering/swapping preset slots in the editor?

brndanws

i.e. move Patch 1 to be Patch 3, either by cut/paste, drag gesture re-arrange, or A to B swap
Doesn't seem like this is possible via any intuitive (or un-intuitive) gesture that I could discover.

Is there something I'm missing? If not, can this be added easily? I can't imagine I'm the only one who wants to do this :)

Cheers from Aus,
Brendan

In the editor under the preset you want to edit is the "Loop Order" and a ">" beside the 1 2 3 4 5 6 loops.

You should just be able to activate the override (clicking on the ">") which will light up the numbers, then just drag the numbers to the order you want. You can also do this in the Global Defaults and set an overall loop order that every preset gets by default unless it is overridden in the preset. Is that what you were meaning?

Will (also from Aus :))

In the editor under the preset you want to edit is the "Loop Order" and a ">" beside the 1 2 3 4 5 6 loops.

You should just be able to activate the override (clicking on the ">") which will light up the numbers, then just drag the numbers to the order you want. You can also do this in the Global Defaults and set an overall loop order that every preset gets by default unless it is overridden in the preset. Is that what you were meaning?

Will (also from Aus :))
No, it's not this, but thanks for the reply.

I'm talking about left pane presets (where you can "name" the program change slots) i.e. PC 0 is named "Template", PC 1 is "Song 1", PC 2 is "Song 2", PC 3 "Song 2 (Shift)". I use an MC8 and my banks each load a specific PC on the MEGX to set the "default state" of all the loops and footswitches for that song.

What I want to know is if there's a way I can move "Song 1" from PC 1 to PC 5, either with cut/copy/paste or a move/swap. Otherwise to do this I've got to manually recreate the settings piece by piece, which can be annoying if there's several overrides. I've tried every keyboard and mouse modifier I could think of, every hold and drag gesture, looked in the FAQs and Manual, even watched all the videos in case an undocumented feature was mentioned (there's one where if you hold shift and click a global override it will prompt to clear all overrides on a parameter, which is useful, but doesn't fix this particular problem :p)

Hope there is one!

Ah sorry my bad, I read re-ordering and missed the preset part lol. Yeah I don't know if the MEGX or the editor does that. I know the PCB/Mastermind has the concept of songs (made up of presets) and set lists, but I don't think the MEGX does.

I wonder as an alternative whether the MC8 can manage this with their songs and set lists feature?
i.e.

That way the MEGX is just simply a switcher that has a list of presets that cover every combination of pedals you need for all of your song parts, then use the MC8 to group these together as a song (with each of the PC's for that song) and wrap the songs up into set lists or something?

I essentially do this with the MEGX and an LT Mastermind, however my MEGX has no presets saved on it and I leverage the CC messages for turning loops on/off through the Mastermind's presets. That way the MEGX is just passive and doesn't need to be edited unless the loops change (new pedals etc).

The feature was left out intentionally. I think I was in a hurry to get the editor out in time, and since the MEGX presets are pretty simple, it only takes a few seconds to create a preset from scratch.

That said, I will make a note to add those features when I can.

The feature was left out intentionally. I think I was in a hurry to get the editor out in time, and since the MEGX presets are pretty simple, it only takes a few seconds to create a preset from scratch.

That said, I will make a note to add those features when I can.
It's definitely simple, which is why it hasn't really bothered me enough to ask until now. I'm only running into it at present because in some cases having Bank 1 line up with MEGX PC 1 is mentally convenient. I can see why you wouldn't make a point of including it.

I essentially do this with the MEGX and an LT Mastermind, however my MEGX has no presets saved on it and I leverage the CC messages for turning loops on/off through the Mastermind's presets. That way the MEGX is just passive and doesn't need to be edited unless the loops change (new pedals etc).

The only real reason I do save presets is to simplify the midi messaging on bank changes within the MC8 (i.e. I don't have to send 5+ CC messages to indicate which loops and footswitches should be enabled or disabled, I can send 1 PC). I also do a little bit of loop re-ordering to put pitch and mod effects/compression etc at different points in the chain, move my CountToFive before the drive chain or after everything... etc. I haven't yet figured out how to make the MC8 send the correct sysex to do this on the fly, it doesn't seem like it can do it correctly. I haven't really touched on a lot of what the MC8 can do in really advanced configurations but i'm slowly deeping my understanding and use of it.

Anyway, interesting discussion!

Back