MEGX with 2 EVH 515OIII 5Ow 6L6s Wet/Dry Setup

EVHGuy1111

I have the MEGX. Love it. It's set up in the 4-cable method configuration.

The amp I run is an EVH 515OIII 5Ow 6L6.

I'm going to build a Wet/Dry setup with another 515OIII 5Ow, but the EVH salve routing requires:
MASTER AMP preamp out > SLAVE AMP effects loop return

How do I route the MEGX to have:
• effect pedals in front of MASTER AMP
• wet effect pedals in loop of SLAVE AMP
• maintain the slaving so SLAVE AMP receives all MASTER AMP's settings

???

Best I can figure is:
GUITAR > MEGX in
MEGX snd 3 > MASTER AMP (Front) insert
MASTER AMP preamp out > MEGX rtn 3
MEGX out > SLAVE AMP effect loop return

Amp Channel Changing
MEGX midi out > midi thrubox > MASTER AMP midi and SLAVE AMP midi (simultaneously)

If I have no idea what I'm doing and will blow up these amps, please tell me...

Please offer some insight how I should route this to achieve the desired rig, or some insight if I have to purchase an ABY box to run both amps simultaneously if slaving is not possible.

Great forum!
Thank you!

Attachments

• RJM Music Mini Effect Gizmo X Routing.pdf
    282.6 KB · Views: 4
  • EVH Amp back.pdf
    402.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
That all sounds ok, as long as the master amp still produces sound when you plug something into its effect loop send. If it does, then you're good. If plugging into its loop send cuts the signal to the amp's power amp, then you'll need to use Send 4 on the Mini Effect Gizmo to go to the master amp's loop return.

Also note that loop 3 needs to stay on at all times, and loop 4 does as well if you need to use it to go to the master amp return. You can use the MEGXEditor's Global Defaults window to lock those loops to stay on.

Right on…

This is a good jumping of point. In a month or so when I purchase the slave amp I’ll rig it up and report back with in celebration or begging for troubleshooting advice.

Back