Mesa Boogie Triple Crown w/PBC-10

JNPMusic

Hello,

I have a Mesa Boogie triple crown 100 head and want to control it with my PBC-10. The amp is midi and I would like to setup the PBC to act like the footswitch that comes with the amp. I was thinking about using the switches page-functions 1-4. The Mesa switch has 6 switches-3 for channels and the other 3 for FX loop/reverb/solo..... I just want to set up the PBC to control the 3 channels and solo feature. The 3 channel switches interact with each other, so when you select channel 1 it's on by itself of course but when you select channel 2 the previous switch goes off similar to a preset button setup and the same with channel 3.... The solo can be separate and on with any channel switch maybe I just need to send a CC for that one....

How do I set this up? Normally I would use function 1-4 through the 1/4 inch jacks to change amp channels on my previous setup, but this one seems a little more challenging to do.....

Thanks,
John

No problem, just add a TC-50 device to the Devices tab, set to the correct MIDI channel. (The TC-100 has the same MIDI implementation as TC-50). Assign the channels to three buttons - in the buttons tab, right-click on the button, select Assign CC > TC-50 > CLN (or Lo, or Hi as appropriate). Set the group number of each button to 1. Grouping the buttons will cause one button to turn off when another is pressed. You can also use Assign CC to assign the Solo feature to a button.

Ok, I have all that working and now I want to know if I can create a button to toggle between 2 channels. I also created another Solo button on another page but they don't seem to work in sync with each other...Can it be set up that they respond together, one goes on they both go on one goes off they both go off..... Maybe copy the one button to the other page?

Also, I used to have my second press on the presets to toggle between channel 1 and channel 2.. Can that be done with this MIDI setup?

Ok, I have all that working and now I want to know if I can create a button to toggle between 2 channels. I also created another Solo button on another page but they don't seem to work in sync with each other...Can it be set up that they respond together, one goes on they both go on one goes off they both go off..... Maybe copy the one button to the other page?

Also, I used to have my second press on the presets to toggle between channel 1 and channel 2.. Can that be done with this MIDI setup?

Yes, you can make a button toggle between 2 channels, just add two actions:

TC-100 CC Toggle CLN off:127 on:None
TC-100 CC Toggle HI off:None on:127

This would activate the clean channel when the button's off, and the hi gain channel when it's on.

On your Solo buttons, turn on IA Link. Pressing one will turn on any other button that has the same first action, keeping them in sync.

If you set Preset 2nd Press to IA, then add these actions to each of your preset buttons:
TC-100 CC Toggle CLN off:127 on:None
TC-100 CC Toggle LO off:None on:127

Then the 2nd press will activate lo gain, 3rd press will switch to clean, etc. Make sure to turn off Send on Preset Change and turn on Update on Preset Change on these buttons, so that they return to the "off" state when changing presets, but don't actually send messages until the 2nd press.

Back