Mesa Mark V:35 & mini amp gizmo cable

hi all!

I just "discovered" the Mesa MarkV:35 and was reviewing how it would fit into my rig scheme that i am designing.

My question, or rather dilemma, is that my rig will be controlled with midi, so at this point it looks like the V:35 has the distinct disadvantage of no CV jacks to control the foot-switch functions, no 1/4" jack for channel switching, and since I am planning on using the RJM mini amp gizmo to control those footswitch tasks, there looks like there is no 5 pin cable, since the Mark V:35 only has a 5 pin din connector for the footswitch, vs the 8 pin cable for the Mark V:90, offered by RJM. The footswitch functions are:

Channel 1/2 - EQ - Solo1 - Solo2 - for a total of 4 foot-switches.

I know it's kinda soon for this new amp release from Mesa, just wondering if there is anything in the works for the mini amp gizmo to get a new 5 pin din cable, or something, to make it work with the V:35?

Thank you for any input! :)

Yes, we'll have a cable available very soon. Mesa sent me the information I need to get a cable built.

Hey zuel69, congrats on getting your v:35! I haven't ordered yet, waiting for the tax refund,lol. I haven't ordered the mini amp gizmo yet either..i have assembled some of the other pieces such as the rack stuff i'll need, but the major items such as the v:35 and the lss are waiting for the irs....i might reach out to rjm about the cable for the mini amp gizmo and the v:35, which you'll find in their webstore ready to purchase, about modding that cable or creating a pass-through type cable to allow the other 4 cv functions on the mini amp gizmo that are not used by the v:35 to be used somewhere else by the more common 1/4 jacks. in other words, still using the din plug to mate with the v:35, but having 4 (1/4") jacks that split from the main cable available to connect to another amp or rack device.

Yes, the Mark V:35 cable is now available:
Link: Mesa Mark V:35™ amplifier interface cable

I recommend against trying to split the output of the Mini Amp Gizmo to multiple devices - doing this electrically connects the devices together through their footswitch connectors. This could result in ground loops, or worse, a dead amp. Many devices use ground (0 volts) as their common voltage, but not all do. For example, Rectifiers use -3V on their 1/4-inch connectors, the 5150III uses 16V. Tying that through the Mini Amp GIzmo to another amp's ground will definitely be catastrophic.

The larger, half rack Amp Gizmo is designed to handle this. It has four 1/4-inch TRS jacks that are electrically isolated from the 8-pin jack, so you can use the 1/4-inch jacks and the 8-pin simultaneously without worrying about electrical problems. There are still only 8 switches - turning on switch 1 will activate switch 1 on the 1/4-inch jack as well as switch 1 on the 8-pin, but you can allocate the switches to multiple devices or even overlap them so that one switch activates two devices.

Thanks for responding! That's great info to know, definitely don't want to fry any equipment. I'm going to go with the Amp Gizmo now to keep my rack options "future" ready...lol GAS is such a pain.... ;) Thanks again!

Back