Mesa Mark V MIDI cable to Mesa Triple Crown 100

Derek McCarthy

I'm looking to finally replace my Marshall DSL100 with a Mesa Triple Crown. I run dual amps in stereo, and plan on stacking a Mark V on top of the Mesa TC100. I'd like to have one interface cable running to the PBC to handle channel switching, SOLO etc. on both amps.

So my question is, can I run a single MIDI cable from my PBC (or rather from one of my MIDI pedals controlled by the PBC) to the TC100 MIDI IN, and on the TC100 MIDI THRU/OUT use a short RJM Mesa Mark V MIDI cable running into my Mark V? Will this allow me to have MIDI control of both amps?

Lastly, is there MIDI channel selection on the Mesa Mark V MIDI cable?

Thanks!

You almost have it correct. The PBC can connect directly to the Triple Crown's MIDI input. The Triple Crown's MIDI Thru needs to connect to a Mini Amp Gizmo's MIDI input. The Mini Amp Gizmo's "To Amplifier" jack connects to the amp's footswitch connector. The Mini Amp Gizmo does all of the work of translating MIDI to footswitch operations, that it can be assigned to any MIDI channel.

Ah ok I understand. I was looking at the image of the cable and assumed the black box attached to it was doing the MIDI translation. Didn't realize it was just a cable and it also requires the Mini Amp Gizmo. Makes sense now - thanks for the fast response!

The box does the last bit of translation, it effectively is a clone of the circuit in the Mark V's footswitch - the Mark V footswitch is more complicated than most.

Back