Messages on different types of button presses

aaronf

I would like to recommend expanding on the Button Mode feature with different button press options added.

Primarily I would love to have the ability to send different messages on the release of a button, rather than just different values to the messages already send on the press.
This could be expanded upon with other options such as a hold release, double press, double press and release, etc.

This format is already in place, if there were more options added to the Botton Mode dropdown menu with multiple options selectable for each button.
For example I could send different message for the press, hold, and release of each preset/IA button.

Would love to hear anyone else's thoughts / variations on this idea.

Primarily I would love to have the ability to send different messages on the release of a button, rather than just different values to the messages already send on the press.

This portion of what you wrote is doable right now. Just create two actions instead of one. I.e. for button press, create an IA action set Off Value to None. And for button release, create another action and set the On Value to None. Then select the Momentary checkbox (for the release behavior).

That's a great point, it is definitely doable on button pages right now but not within presets themselves as you cannot define an off command. I was thinking along the lines of a dropdown bar within both preset and button editing where you could select for example 'press' or 'release' and define different actions for each.

I seemed to want this almost a year ago now and it hasn't eaten away at me since so I must have found a workaround! I think possibly the introduction of alternative presets may have solved this for me.

Back