MIDI-controlled line mixer in a MEGX-like enclosure?

I'm wondering if this idea might be workable and if there are others that find it interesting...

Basically making a product with 4 stereo-capable audio inputs that can have the level controlled by MIDI commands. A Mini Line Mixer controlled by MIDI, if you will.

Preferably, IMHO, priced in the ballpark of the MEGX... (If that is reasonable, and depending on features, etc.)

Stretch goals:

- signal on/off override buttons (like the MEGX loop on/off buttons) for each input
- phase inversion buttons for (three or four? of) the inputs
- expression controller input(s) (like the PBC products have)?

Is this a crazy idea? :) I know that there are devices out there with analog signal paths and digitally-controlled volume levels, so I am hoping that it isn't as crazy or as expensive as it probably was 10-15 years ago to accomplish this.

Thanks for listening! I'd love to hear peoples thoughts on this... Especially RJM's!

- Dwayne

Cool idea. The market with line mixers in regard to guitarists is a little narrow. Mostly, as very few know of their applications short of old rack guys like me. Wish the MLM was still available, would have been cool with a remote switchable dry update. In rack form, even better!

Cheers

Chris.

Back