MIDI Devices and Presets Thrown Off

Josh Demolar

I added new MIDI devices (Jackson Bloom and Eventide H9) to an existing theme using slots that were previously used by other pedals/MIDI devices. It appears that after doing this, the PC numbers on all of my pre-existing presets for all other pre-existing MIDI devices got set to sequential.

This first happened a couple weeks ago and my workaround was to grab another recent theme file and start again, this time only adding the new pedals to previously unused slots on the Devices tab. Unfortunately, I had to tweak further (a separate MIDI issue with the Bloom) and now all of my recent theme files have been corrupted in this way. I have another theme from several months ago that I can start with, but I will need to recreate several songs/presets as well as re-enter the new MIDI devices.

Is this a known issue? Anything that I might have done to cause this?

This happened on 4.3, though I've since just updated to 4.4. Using the PBC 10 (though I believe this is an editor issue rather than hardware).

The "before" file, and a list of the steps you took to get the problem to happen would be ideal.

Of course now I can't reproduce the issue. I'll try again later and get back to you. Thanks for the super quick response by the way!

Back