Midi Implementation for Device PC

jibbaes

I run an effects board with a PBC 6X and several pedals with midi and preset capabilities but no display.
It is all fine for shows where everything is prepared and saved before hand. However, I sometimes find it frustrating when creating new sounds and I want to call up certain sounds really quick, but I won't remember what preset it was on the pedal.

I had the idea of using an external controller (like touch osc or metagrid on ipad), where I could create buttons labeled with my pedals presets name (e.g. "Long Delay") and have it send the appropriate PC to my delay.
It works well if I turn on Midi through on the PBC. However, this way I can not save the sound I created on the PBC, as the PBC didn't send the PC change itself.

It is already possible to turn on and off the loops of the PBC via midi.
Would it be possible to implement Device PC+ and PC- via midi as well?
OR have the PBC recognize and send the incoming midi command itself, so it will be saved as current state in the PBC as well?
OR make Button ID's accessable via midi?

It would simplify sound creation so much! I could for example have 10 labeled buttons each for my first ten presets on my Empress Echosystem and Reverb and try different combinations really quickly.

I see what you mean. I'll need to think about that, to figure out how it might be done.

I run an effects board with a PBC 6X and several pedals with midi and preset capabilities but no display.
It is all fine for shows where everything is prepared and saved before hand. However, I sometimes find it frustrating when creating new sounds and I want to call up certain sounds really quick, but I won't remember what preset it was on the pedal.
I've handled this in the past with a specific PBC page for the device. The page will have a bunch of buttons that each map to a single PC# on the device. Of course, there are no scribble strips on the PBC so you can't see all the device preset labels from the page, but you can assign a label to each button and you can see the label for the device preset when you press a specific button. If you select Send On Preset Change then you can use this page to assign device presets to PBC presets.

Back