Midi Issues With Boss 500 series pedals

billyofcourse

Just picked up another mastermind pbc. Last time I owned one I was using the strymon pedals and didn't have any difficulty getting things set up, but this time around, I'm using the boss 500 series pedals and I can't seem to get them to do anything via midi.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get the pbc to send tempo signals or change presets or anything to any of the pedals.

I've only worked with the DD-500 so far, but it worked fine when I had it here for testing. Make sure your MIDI channels are correct, your MIDI cable is good, etc. It should work pretty much like any other MIDI capable effect.

I Just got it finally receiving midi clock from presets, however I'm still having issues getting it to change patches. There was recently a major update to the dd-500 and I don't know if that may have changed anything. I also can't seem to set up a tap tempo for it either.

Unfortunately I don't have one here anymore... Is anyone else here using a DD-500 with the latest firmware???

It's taken a bit of work, but i've finally gotten it working with midi on the boss pedals.

hopefully all is well.

Last edited:
Back